The Barnet Bugle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
    I don't think i've ever walked that far......daily routine? Take a hike. I was feeling very virtuous when I got home but as I'd been unable to buy the shopping for dinner en route daughter decided to order a pizza and I couldn't let her eat it alone......
    Katie could you not have went back to your job and ask for a loan of the bus fare
    The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• it was all closed up and I didn't have a key, otherwise I'd have gone back to see if I"d left my card there. I did try going to a friend"s house in Highgate but she wasn't in.

Comment

it was all closed up and I didn't have a key, otherwise I'd have gone back to see if I"d left my card there. I did try going to a friend"s house in Highgate but she wasn't in.
        That was some walk especially when your not used to walking that far.....hope it wasn't raining

Comment

• Just called work and it was there so I"ve cancelled my card for nothing! Still, better to be safe etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
            That was some walk especially when your not used to walking that far.....hope it wasn't raining
            No, it was actually perfect conditions for walking, dry, warm but not hot.

Comment

No, it was actually perfect conditions for walking, dry, warm but not hot.
              you must have been exhausted

Comment

Just called work and it was there so I"ve cancelled my card for nothing! Still, better to be safe etc.
                Cash is king ....to hell with swipe this and swipe that .

Comment

Left work at 6.30, got to bus stop, couldn't find my bank card which I use on the bus......no way to access any money, so I ended up walking home.....8.3 miles! I'm feckin' knackered!
                  Jayziz...Would ye ever get another (standby / emergency) card and always keep it in yer bag...change bags ? move card.
                  Never walk again
                  We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                    Jayziz...Would ye ever get another (standby / emergency) card and always keep it in yer bag...change bags ? move card.
                    Never walk again
                    I actually did have another card in my bag - but the account was overdrawn from when I was on my uppers and I hadn't got around to straighteneing it out yet. I tried to get a tenner from a cashpoint but was told "insufficient funds." Wish to God I'd transferred some money into it!
                    On the plus side, I had been toying with the idea of walking part of the way into work every day, as I'm getting on a bit and don't want to end up an obese old lady with diabetes and heart disease. Walking that distance yesterday and not collapsing at the end of it has been encouraging; I'm going to start getting off the bus at East Finchley and walking in from there, as long as it's not raining. Not today though, too tired!

Comment

I actually did have another card in my bag - but the account was overdrawn from when I was on my uppers and I hadn't got around to straighteneing it out yet. I tried to get a tenner from a cashpoint but was told "insufficient funds." Wish to God I'd transferred some money into it!
                      On the plus side, I had been toying with the idea of walking part of the way into work every day, as I'm getting on a bit and don't want to end up an obese old lady with diabetes and heart disease. Walking that distance yesterday and not collapsing at the end of it has been encouraging; I'm going to start getting off the bus at East Finchley and walking in from there, as long as it's not raining. Not today though, too tired!
                      LOL...well done you....now get a third (stranded emergency) card an always leave £50 in ih....
                      Oh an make sure it's always in yer bag....just loike yer keys. BAG = KEYS = CARD ...maybe
                      We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                        LOL...well done you....now get a third (stranded emergency) card an always leave £50 in ih....
                        Oh an make sure it's always in yer bag....just loike yer keys. BAG = KEYS = CARD ...maybe
                        Don't worry Noel, I won't make that mistake again!

Comment

• According to Google it's 2 miles to work from East Finchley Station and would take around 40 minutes which sounds do-able.

Comment

According to Google it's 2 miles to work from East Finchley Station and would take around 40 minutes which sounds do-able.
                            No problem to you....sure the walk will help complement the 100 sit up's a day your still doing for your stomach

Comment

• Oh your poor feet katie i feel so sorry for you..id have just sat on the sidewalk and cried.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                                Oh your poor feet katie i feel so sorry for you..id have just sat on the sidewalk and cried.
                                It's character-building........feet did hurt next day though.......

Comment

Working...
                                X