Irish Passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish Passport

Went on the website a week ago and requested my application form, heard nothing since, just spoke to a guy at the passport office in Dublin, he says, "oh they're terrible at sending things out"! So now he's sending me one......could be another week to get it. Bit miffed, to say the least........

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
    Went on the website a week ago and requested my application form, heard nothing since, just spoke to a guy at the passport office in Dublin, he says, "oh they're terrible at sending things out"! So now he's sending me one......could be another week to get it. Bit miffed, to say the least........
    Gosh hope you get it soon KM. Do they not have them in the Irish embassy in the UK??
    UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzieq View Post
      Gosh hope you get it soon KM. Do they not have them in the Irish embassy in the UK??
      well the number I called was the supposed to be the passport office in London, but I ended up speaking to someone in Dublin. Not sure about the embassy. I'll wait and see if this form come through.

Comment

Can you not get a passport online.....
        The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Originally posted by dinny View Post
          Can you not get a passport online.....
          Not a first one, no. Only if you're renewing.

Comment

Oh okay
            The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

I would have renewed my passport online last year only I wanted to use my married name on the passport. I had to use the paper form for this and proof of marriage with it too. Also have it checked by a garda in a garda station. Its a 10 year passport that i have.

The only thing for having our children's passport forms verified by a Garda is that both parents have to be present to sign the form etc.
              UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

My mates son had an application form sent to him within days.

Last edited by jembo; 30-08-2018, 07:11 PM.
                I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

I did mine online, a friend took a photo on my phone, we called up the web page, filled in the questions, uploaded the picture, you get a tick if all's ok or directed back to an error. Gave my credit card details and bob's your uncle. Got the passport in the mail in under 2 weeks.

Comment

Well after waiting nearly six weeks to get my passport, a thick envelope with a Dublin postmark arrived this morning. I gleefully opened it only to find it was my returned documentation and a letter saying they'd rejected my application because they couldn't contact my witness (she did tell me it would be better to use her mobile number but it stated mobile numbers weren't accepted.) So now I have to start all over again with a new witness - they've already taken the fee from my account or I probably wouldn't bother.

Comment

Well after waiting nearly six weeks to get my passport, a thick envelope with a Dublin postmark arrived this morning. I gleefully opened it only to find it was my returned documentation and a letter saying they'd rejected my application because they couldn't contact my witness (she did tell me it would be better to use her mobile number but it stated mobile numbers weren't accepted.) So now I have to start all over again with a new witness - they've already taken the fee from my account or I probably wouldn't bother.
                      What does the witness have to witness....??

Comment

Originally posted by barefoot View Post
                        What does the witness have to witness....??
                        Just sign your photos.....you must have had them for your passport, though I think if you're in Ireland you have to have a garda sign it.........

Comment

Just sign your photos.....you must have had them for your passport, though I think if you're in Ireland you have to have a garda sign it.........
                          Of course the photos ...I'd forgotten. I was thinking more along the lines of proving you were of Irish decent.

Both my cousins in London made applications for Irish passports recently, I was surprised how little information they had about our/their grandparents, even though they had visited Ireland many times. It was just little things they didn't know, like dates of birth, second given names, names of townlands etc. They didn't have their grandparents in their lives everyday they way we did. We just took our grandparents presence in our lives for granted.

Comment

Originally posted by barefoot View Post
                            Of course the photos ...I'd forgotten. I was thinking more along the lines of proving you were of Irish decent.

Both my cousins in London made applications for Irish passports recently, I was surprised how little information they had about our/their grandparents, even though they had visited Ireland many times. It was just little things they didn't know, like dates of birth, second given names, names of townlands etc. They didn't have their grandparents in their lives everyday they way we did. We just took our grandparents presence in our lives for granted.
                            No, all I needed was one of my parents' birth certificates. I already had Mum's but her name had been recorded wrongly so I sent off for Dad's. It kind of amazes me that anyone can get hold of someone's birth certificate - all you need are a few facts like date of birth - and use it to get passports etc. Maybe they do other checks......

Comment

No, all I needed was one of my parents' birth certificates. I already had Mum's but her name had been recorded wrongly so I sent off for Dad's. It kind of amazes me that anyone can get hold of someone's birth certificate - all you need are a few facts like date of birth - and use it to get passports etc. Maybe they do other checks......
                              Your right Katie....it's too easy. I'm not sure they do any other checks. My hubby is English and was thinking of getting an Irish Passport. He needs to become an Irish citizen....€1050....just like that. I couldn't believe how easy it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X