Finglas photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tolka1 View Post
    And why would you not love it missus??.......beautiful place,not too much traffic,.......no people from the southside(well , not too many lol)....the tolka, the bots ,the cemo,the park........the lot...............we had it made.........except for the jobs .

Where did you go in 1957? if you dont mind me asking ?
    Please don't all me Missus, Marie is fine.. I went to your favorite place England, if you read some of my posts on here I explained the situation, in a nutshell poverty, stay and starve or go and prosper, we went!
    Last edited by maire; 14-08-2012, 03:16 AM.

Comment

• All right then no missus.............How about madam,Your most opulent,Your most precious,..................................Miss scarlett? sry wrong state......ok then just marie.

Seriously marie i guess it was hard for some people to make a go of it at home and had to leave.
      Last edited by tolka1; 17-08-2012, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• The Bottom of the Hill Pub as it looks today. They closed it down a few years ago and were to pull it down and totally rebuild it from scratch but that never happened and it is now a pub, betting office, a takeaway & a Chinese restaurant on the upstairs part. There was an off licence there when I first moved to Finglas but think it's not there now.

Have never been in the pub or restaurant so can't comment on both.
        Attached Files
        UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

• Mary, Jean and Joseph Whelan and Bean the dog, Abbotstown Drive, 1960. Bean belonged to the McCourts who lived next door. I'm the cowboy.
          Attached Files
          Do what you love - love what you do.

Comment

• Great picture AD !

Comment

• The MCcourts had a big bastard of a dog called Wuddler , big vicious brute , I had to detour around Abbotstown dr to avoid him ,

Comment

• Why did you not knock its ballix in with a hurley stick?

Funny story but true,
                a guy i know was delivering oil to a new customer who said she had a vicious dog which cost a lot of shillings an to be careful when he delivered.
                When the guy did his number he called later to tell her the damage and he asked her how much she paid for the "guard" dog.
                She says 1000 pounds to which the guy says "you wasted yourmoney as the cowardly bastard ran back into his kennell when he saw me with the hurly stick"..........true story....

Comment

• nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by nansson View Post
                    nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
                    Will ya send me one Nanser? Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by tolka1 View Post
                      Why did you not knock its ballix in with a hurley stick?

Funny story but true,
                      a guy i know was delivering oil to a new customer who said she had a vicious dog which cost a lot of shillings an to be careful when he delivered.
                      When the guy did his number he called later to tell her the damage and he asked her how much she paid for the "guard" dog.
                      She says 1000 pounds to which the guy says "you wasted yourmoney as the cowardly bastard ran back into his kennell when he saw me with the hurly stick"..........true story....
                      Are you kidding ? I was only 3ft 2inches tall and the dog was 3ft 6 in his stocking feet , it was no contest and anyway we didnt have any hurley sticks in our part of Finglas ( only baseball bats )

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles View Post
                        Are you kidding ? I was only 3ft 2inches tall and the dog was 3ft 6 in his stocking feet , it was no contest and anyway we didnt have any hurley sticks in our part of Finglas ( only baseball bats )
                        Must have been waaaaaaaaaaaaaay after my time as i never seen a baseball bat till i came over here in the 60,s lol

Comment

• Originally posted by maire View Post
                          Will ya send me one Nanser? Lol
                          With, or without the cream on top Maire?

Comment

• Just the bottle! Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by nansson View Post
                              With, or without the cream on top Maire?
                              hi ,i hope you send maire the bottle and you dont bottle it.if you do you are in trouble ,those finglas wans are tough.

Comment

• some pics from Finglas / Cappagh yesterday
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X