Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hagar View Post
    Isn't it a small world?
    Anybody who was anybody went to Warrenmount.
    Marian was a little older than I as far as I remember. I think they were cousins with the Clohessy's in number 34 but I may be mistaken.
    I remember the name Clohessy..think they may have been related to the Hackett's who lived in Oatfield Place but I could be mixing them up with another family..
    Yes..it's a small world nowadays..

Comment

I was just surfing without my board and came upon this forum. I wonder would anyone remember shaky Christie who would beg on the halfpenny bridge.etc.

He was from Teresa's gdns off donore ave

Comment

Originally posted by Kcirtap View Post
        I was just surfing without my board and came upon this forum. I wonder would anyone remember shaky Christie who would beg on the halfpenny bridge.etc.

He was from Teresa's gdns off donore ave

yes, I remember Christy.....he passed by our window every day on his way home.....I lived in wood street.....don't know much else.....

my mam would often have a chat with him.....
        Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
          yes, I remember Christy.....he passed by our window every day on his way home.....I lived in wood street.....don't know much else.....

my mam would often have a chat with him.....
          when the weather was how (he always wore an overcoat).....he would tap on our window for my mam to give him a cup of water.....

Comment

when the weather was how (he always wore an overcoat).....he would tap on our window for my mam to give him a cup of water.....
            just remembered...there is a photo of him outside the flats by the shops...

it is on the Dublin photos thread I think...

Comment

just remembered...there is a photo of him outside the flats by the shops...

it is on the Dublin photos thread I think...
              Joe, is that the fella who hung round Kevin St ?
              I'm a Freeborn Man of the Travellin' People

Comment

Originally posted by tommie View Post
                Joe, is that the fella who hung round Kevin St ?

not sure Tommie.....he always walked from aungier street through whitefriar place, don wood street and across into canon street then through patricks park..i knew he lived up in donore as I had seen him there,,,,

he always wore a flat cap....an overcoat with a short coat and a gansy and shirt....he dribbled all the time, and in the winter his poor hands and face would be blue with the cold...

he walked sort of against the wall to steady himself.....the Adelaide hospital wall was made from
                rough granite......and his knuckles were always red raw from rubbing against it....

when my mm gave him a cup of water, he would spill most of over himself.....my mam would try to hold the cup for him.....

but, I think he was happy enough in his own little way.....he would do his best to say thanks, but never quite got there......

he certainly shuffled around the south side a lot......

Comment

not sure Tommie.....he always walked from aungier street through whitefriar place, don wood street and across into canon street then through patricks park..i knew he lived up in donore as I had seen him there,,,,

he always wore a flat cap....an overcoat with a short coat and a gansy and shirt....he dribbled all the time, and in the winter his poor hands and face would be blue with the cold...

he walked sort of against the wall to steady himself.....the Adelaide hospital wall was made from
                  rough granite......and his knuckles were always red raw from rubbing against it....

when my mm gave him a cup of water, he would spill most of over himself.....my mam would try to hold the cup for him.....

but, I think he was happy enough in his own little way.....he would do his best to say thanks, but never quite got there......

he certainly shuffled around the south side a lot......
                  Ye that's him,Joe,,,he also smelt of piddle,,,but never did us kids any harm,,,there was a pic of him somewhere on the forum,,outside the shops opposite Kevin St Cop shop,,,maybe DTW,may help
                  I'm a Freeborn Man of the Travellin' People

Comment

[QUOTE=tommie;312316]Ye that's him,Joe,,,he also smelt of piddle,,,but never did us kids any harm,,,there was a pic of him somewhere on the forum,,outside the shops opposite Kevin St Cop shop,,,maybe DTW,may help[/QUOTEyes Tommie....though the photo was outside the shops of st Theresa's gardens......

kevin street iveagh buildings didn't have such a sticking out canopy.....

Comment

Working...
                    X