No announcement yet.

camden street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1967. We used to get our sweets in that shop, which had a deep smell of tobacco (not surprisingly), and in the Triangle and Crawfords across the road.
    Attached Files
    Do what you love - love what you do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Auld Decency View Post
      1967. We used to get our sweets in that shop, which had a deep smell of tobacco (not surprisingly), and in the Triangle and Crawfords across the road.
      Thanks for that fantastic photo.Don't remember Crawfords,perhaps you're thinking about Craddocks.This shop was beside The Manhatten which which was next

to a laneway.After the laneway was Dan's Chipper followed by The Poplar then The Tip Top fruit shop.On the other side of Harcourt Road there were two

shops:P.J.Lennons and Mirrelsons Bookies.On the same side was Fortunes which later became the Model Cleaners and next was May Clearys Fruit & Sweets

then Synnotts pub.This later became Kennedys Public House.Beside The Triangle was The Harcourt Bakery corner of Richmond Street.
      Last edited by camden; 19-11-2012, 12:55 AM.

Comment

• Well done - yes, it was Craddock's. They used also sell Airfix kits and toys. I think two sisters worked in Lennons, along with a man - wasn't there too often, only when on visits to the granny. Later, when we moved to the area, spent a lot of time in Allan's (discussed earlier).

Comment

• and Bambricks pub,,ohhhhhh,,she had a lovely daughter,,,many a pint I sank in there,,and the Mrs wasn't too bad lookin'either.
          I'm a Freeborn Man of the Travellin' People

Comment

• Originally posted by tommie View Post
            and Bambricks pub,,ohhhhhh,,she had a lovely daughter,,,many a pint I sank in there,,and the Mrs wasn't too bad lookin'either.
            ...and their beauty probably increased in direct proportion to the amount of alcohol consumed...?

Comment

• Originally posted by camden View Post
              Thanks for that fantastic photo.Don't remember Crawfords,perhaps you're thinking about Craddocks.This shop was beside The Manhatten which which was next

to a laneway.After the laneway was Dan's Chipper followed by The Poplar then The Tip Top fruit shop.On the other side of Harcourt Road there were two

shops:P.J.Lennons and Mirrelsons Bookies.On the same side was Fortunes which later became the Model Cleaners and next was May Clearys Fruit & Sweets

then Synnotts pub.This later became Kennedys Public House.Beside The Triangle was The Harcourt Bakery corner of Richmond Street.
              Great memory Camden. Not so old..but decent shot.
              Attached Files
              We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• Camden St dealers, 1964.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Inside and out of McGee's Court off Camden Street.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                    Old Camden Street again, you can see the corner of what was then The Falcon Lounge (Bleeding Horse) the Camden Stores and Carberry the coblers...he stayed there till the bitter end as the rest of the street was pulled down around him.
                    The Bleeding Horse is a historically significant public house located in Upper Camden Street, Dublin, Ireland. It dates at least back to the 17th century, and was located on St. Kevin's Port (now Camden St.) at the junction of two important highways leading out of the city. On one side was Charlotte St., leading to Ranelagh and Donnybrook; on the other side was Old Camden St., which joined Richmond St. and led to Rathmines and Cullenswood. Both of these old streets disappeared during the renovations in the 1990s. The present building dates from 1871; the interior was renovated in 1992.[1]

Comment

• Thanks, A., couldn't have put it better myself ;-)

Comment

• Went down to Camden Street during Christmas week and I'm afraid it does'nt do it for me anymore.That Street for me really had a Great feeling of Christmas

but I'm very sorry to say it's all gone now.Maybe it's because I'm older and a " Grumpy Old Man " but I'm afraid it's all gone for me.Happy New Year to Everybody.

Comment

• Originally posted by Auld Decency View Post
                          Thanks, A., couldn't have put it better myself ;-)
                          A brilliant job AD....total credit to ya.

Comment

• Camden Row - then and now.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• 1960s fire in Camden St

Does anyone know anything about a fire that took place on Camden St near the junction of Montague St (across from Gorevan's) about 1965? I think a young woman who was living in a bedsit there died. I also think the Gardai suspected foul play and went around questioning a lot of people.

Comment

• Junction of Old Camden St and Harcourt Road (Kelly's Corner), 1950s.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X