Computer assistance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer assistance.

This might be a good thread for any of us experiencing computer related problems.. browser... connections.... peripherals like printers, scanners etc?

Hints and tips might go well here too.

Shall we give it a go?

I'll start.

Recently I started using Firefox in preference to Internet Explorer. But one problem. In my blog you can see live streaming pictures from a webcam on Batchelor's Walk. It shows in Internet Explorer but not in Firefox.

I have a feeling it's just a setting I have wrong.

Anyone be able to suggest what I might do so that it can be seen in my Firefox?
    'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

God Rashers that sounds comlicated to me, i cannot even post photos, Hope someone can help you.
    People who jump to conclusions rarely alight on them

Comment

can not help with firefox but can explain how to post photos
      click post reply and scroll down to manage attachments
      when you click it will allow you to brouse where you have the photo is stored
      double click on the photo and then click upload
      you can do a few at a time then close the box and post the reply

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
        This might be a good thread for any of us experiencing computer related problems.. browser... connections.... peripherals like printers, scanners etc?

Hints and tips might go well here too.

Shall we give it a go?

I'll start.

Recently I started using Firefox in preference to Internet Explorer. But one problem. In my blog you can see live streaming pictures from a webcam on Batchelor's Walk. It shows in Internet Explorer but not in Firefox.

I have a feeling it's just a setting I have wrong.

Anyone be able to suggest what I might do so that it can be seen in my Firefox?
        Rashers, do you get this mesage at the top of the page?

Hello, either you have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.
        Gatsby

Caesar et erat forti, Brutus et sum iam, Caesar sic in omnibus, Brutus sic intram.

Comment

Thanks Bigby, I will try that tomorrow
          People who jump to conclusions rarely alight on them

Comment

Firefox

Rashers I'm on Firefox (got totally pissed with Internet explorer), if you tell me what exactlly you need to watch I'll go on and tell you the result. Chances are I haven't a FN clue !

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Patch View Post
              Rashers I'm on Firefox (got totally pissed with Internet explorer), if you tell me what exactlly you need to watch I'll go on and tell you the result. Chances are I haven't a FN clue !
              Thanks Capt.

Try my family blog at http://leonardfamily-blog.blogspot.com

Scroll to near the bottom of the page and you should see two live streaming cams. The first from Batchelors Walk showing live views along the Liffey, and the other one is from Crow Street (looking towards Dame St).

Both show perfectly in my Internet Exploder but not at all in Firefox.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatsby View Post
                Rashers, do you get this mesage at the top of the page?

Hello, either you have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.
                Getting your post 4th from the top Gats.

I installed the newest Flash Player just yesterday and still no joy.

Comment

Originally posted by sugarmoon View Post
                  God Rashers that sounds comlicated to me, i cannot even post photos, Hope someone can help you.
                  I suggest using a host for your photos.

1. Make a new folder on the desktop.

2. Copy (not cut) and paste your photos to that new folder.

3. Go to www.photobucket.com and sign up for a free account.

4. Upload the photos you saved in the new folder. (You'll see the Upload button in Photobucket.

5. After all photos upoaded choose photo you want to post here (or in any forum) and copy the 4th code down under that photo. (it's the bottom code)

7. Paste that code into a post.

Done.

Oh yeh... make your photo album in Photobucket private.

Comment

Both show perfectly in my Internet Exploder but not at all in Firefox.

I think I've got the Bacholers Walk on but the one above it says "off air"

Comment

I think I've got the Bacholers Walk on but the one above it says "off air"
                      Yep there's one that it isnt switched on yet. That one will be a webcam streaming from the outside of my house.

Then there's one near the bottom that isn't always live (from Crowe Street)

But if you got the Liffey cam then my settings are wrong, so I'll have to do a bit of detective work.

Thanks Capt.

Comment

Job's oxo rashers

Comment

Job's oxo rashers
                          Thanks Capt. I've tried everything but no joy. Hate having to but I may have to go back to using Internet Exploder.

Comment

jim i'll send willie a copy of your Q and post his reply hugs.

Comment

Im sure this will make sense to you Jim

I checked it on mine, - it works. I will check what plugins I have

He needs the Windows Media PLayer Plug-in, - he can get it from the
                              Firefoc=x site, but I think version 3.5.3 has it

Actually they may be called add-ons, not plug ins

Comment

Working...
                              X