Port Forwarding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port Forwarding

What's that you ask? Well I have this program called uTorrent and need to forward port 50000 so that I can connect with a certain site. I have tried doing it manualy and even tried the Simple Port Forwarding program, without success. The site reports that I'm not connectable, and so does uTorrent.

I've tried everything I can think of on my router's website but nothing. I can forward port 5000 on TCP but not UDP and not certain if UDP is required.

My router is a Netopia 2247NWG-VGx.
    'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

jim have a look at this one www.btaccel.com... the future and better than torrent cause torrent is going to its end.....

Comment

Originally posted by khaleduz View Post
      jim have a look at this one www.btaccel.com... the future and better than torrent cause torrent is going to its end.....
      That looks interesting Khaleduz. Do you think torrents are nearing their end?

I'm a member of a private site which only has Irish movies and documentaries. So if anyone reading this would like invites I think I have three. There's a lot of historical documentaries on the site.

But that port forwading refusing me is cracking me up. It was okay until I updated the router's firmware.

Comment

www.btaccel.com will give u a direct link to download any think u need u dont need anymore torrent

Comment

does this port forwarding give someone access to your computer?? cos your opening a port thro your firewall right??? donno id want to do that rashers....

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
            does this port forwarding give someone access to your computer?? cos your opening a port thro your firewall right??? donno id want to do that rashers....
            Gizz an oul Goozer yunwan willya owadah!
            We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

kiss kiss kissy kiss...huggggggsss...kick in the arse hehe hows my angel?

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post

No it's safe. Your firewall is allowing this site through to your puter. And ya never know... that boxie could have all kinds of things planned for you.

Comment

Originally posted by khaleduz View Post
                  www.btaccel.com will give u a direct link to download any think u need u dont need anymore torrent
                  That's a very good site, thank you khaleduz.

Comment

Working...
                  X