Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you can see the college clock in this one. didn`t mean to omit it in original pic.

liam neeson with the enemy....
    Attached Files
    in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

• no info ,just says bric a brac stalls in the liberties 1930s.
      Attached Files

Comment

• oiuytrewqas
        Attached Files

Comment

• Large Shop, Dockeralls, ??

Comment

• Originally posted by cosmo View Post
            no info ,just says bric a brac stalls in the liberties 1930s.
            I have this one Cos and it's Horseman's Row, which ran from Moore Street to Cole's Lane......

It cuts past the following small side streets .....Market Street.....Riddalls Row and Norfolk Market.....all around Moore Street.

Here's another one here..Horseman's Row this one's.26 Feb 1961......the slab paving is what distinguishes it from Cole's Lane nearby which was all cobblestones.

It was opposite what was Sackville lane now O'Rahilly Parade....all of those now missing lanes and markets were eaten up with the Ilac Center.... including the little old Rotunda Market....it was a warren of lanes packed full of stalls and shops with second hand clothes shoes and furniture.... My Great Granny and my two Gt Aunties used to sell down there....Gt Gran in furniture and the aunties in old clothes....they came from Little Ship Street.

Most sites inc Dublin City Libraries call all these little market lane part of Moore Street, but they all had their own distinctive names which I've taken years to sort out.

Must say ye fecked me with that Dame Street job ye fecker ya !!!!.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by DAMNTHEWEATHER; 27-07-2017, 09:10 AM.
            We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• 25 riddles row.

that's a pub on the corner, what street is that on???
              Attached Files

Comment

25 riddles row.

that's a pub on the corner, what street is that on???
                Parnell Street it's called The Parnell House pub next to MICKS BAR. The exit is by the corrugated sheets.
                That stall holder was at No25 her name was Cissie Clere.....she's on the right of the bloke there.

JD found the pic for me a while back.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by DAMNTHEWEATHER; 27-07-2017, 12:42 AM.

Comment

• crow st

butt bridge.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                    Parnell Street it's called The Parnell House pub next to MICKS BAR. The exit is by the corrugated sheets.
                    That stall holder was at No25 her name was Cissie Clere.....she's on the right of the bloke there.

JD found the pic for me a while back.
                    that can`t be riddells row dt, if one end is coles lane and the other is moore st. also the corrugated part is on the right hand side in your pic ,and would be on the left in 'my' pic [from parnell st]. can it be horsemans row as in map, it fits the shape of the building .
                    Attached Files

Comment

that can`t be riddells row dt, if one end is coles lane and the other is moore st. also the corrugated part is on the right hand side in your pic ,and would be on the left in 'my' pic [from parnell st]. can it be horsemans row as in map, it fits the shape of the building .
                      Was in a rush Cos.... Yeah ok start again.....Your pic is of Horseman's Row which ran from Riddalls Row to Parnell St. My one was Riddalls Row which ran from Moore to Coles Lane. This one is another brill shot of Riddalls Row (headed for Cole's Lane) with Horseman's Row to the right, just after Ciccie Clere's stall.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• On a less serious MOORE STREET note !!!! Get yer pairs here !!!!!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

crow st butt bridge.
                            jaze Cos yill havete get dat resizer sorted.....oim dun in editing lol.

Now....nice one of Crow Street there in the 20's.....and of course it was to become famous after the Tan War when it became known as the Intelligence HQ for Michael Collins most trusted Intel Team.....with Liam Tobin leading and the inimitable Tom Cullen as deputy.....with No 3 Frank Thornton and his pal Frank Saurin.....these were the men who would put paid to 800 odd years of British Rule in Ireland.....a team led by the man who won the war... The Great Cork Man Michael Collins himself......and not forgetting Joe O'Reilly his most trusted and loyal right hand man.

He set his lads up in business in Crow Street above J.F. Fowler's Print Shop at No 3 Crow St......right under the noses of Dublin Castles G Men, just up Dame Street lol.

As Arthur Griffith said in full flow to deValera, Brugha and all the other Collins detractors in the Dail of the time:

He is the man - and no one knows it better than I do - whose matchless energy and indomitable will, carried Ireland through the years of the terror.If I had any ambition as a politician, if I would have immortal fame, if I longed to have my name go down in history, I should choose to have my name associated with the name of Michael Collins. Michael Collins beat the Black and Tan terror until England was forced to offer terms of peace.
                            How amazing is it that all the real heroes and bravehearts died young while deValera....the greatest foreign sleeveen to ever set foot on Irish soil....lived to enjoy a long and full life of luxury off the backs of hard working Irish working class and all taxpayers......he was a pure genious to have pulled that one off, for sure.

Crow St....Liam Tobin....Tom Cullen.....Michael Collins.....Captain Joe O'Reilly with Michael's brother Johnny Collins at his funeral August 1922 Glasnevin.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by archangel View Post
                              Large Shop, Dockeralls, ??

I don't think so Arch. Dockeralls had a large shop in Georges Street, on the corner of Stephen's Street. Henshaws had a large shop in Christchurch Place. It was painted green on the outside. I think this shop was Henshaws. They closed down in the late fifties. There were some odd goings on there so the management brought in efficiency experts to get to the bottom of it. I have no details of what occurred, but they closed shortly after that.

Relations of mine had a picture framing shop there too near Henshaws. Their name was Arigho.

Comment

• FADE STREET linked South Great Georges Street (Georges St to us) and Drury Street.....this is way way back in time.....it's still there today but a bit different lol.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X