Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 Year old suspended from school for drawing Christ on the Cross

This otragious case is
    yet another example of how our Christian heritage is being attacked by the liberals and government agencies alike.
    It's almost 2000 years ago since Christ died, but our government(s) still seem to fear him.
    I hope the parents will sue the school.

Mayor: School boss should apologize to boy who drew cross

Taunton Mayor Charles Crowley called School Superintendent Julie Hackett from his vacation today and asked her to apologize both privately and publicly to the family of an 8-year-old special needs student sent home from school and ordered to undergo psychological testing after drawing a stick-figure picture of Jesus Christ nailed to the cross.
    “Mayor Crowley’s sentiments were that he would hope Dr. Hackett would meet with the family today, apologize, make a public apology on behalf of the school department, pay for the psychiatrist and come up with a policy to make sure this never happens in our school system again,” said Crowley’s assistant Todd Castro.
    Castro said this evening he is unaware of any response from Hackett. Hackett has not responded to repeated requests for comment from the Herald.

The Lowell M. Maxham Elementary School second-grader was booted from the school on Dec. 2 when school officials feared his artwork - drawn to depict what he did on his Thanksgiving break - might be exposing violent tendencies. The child was allowed to return on Dec. 7 after a two-day risk assessment by psychiatrist Helene Titelbaum determined there was nothing wrong with him.
    “(The boy) does not appear to be a threat to himself or others at this time. Therefore, I recommend that he return to school as soon as possible,” Titelbaum concluded in her report, a copy of which was obtained by the Herald.
    The boy’s father, Chester Johnson, 40, a part-time maintenance worker for the Taunton School Department, told the Herald his son drew Jesus after visiting the National Shrine of Our Lady of La Salette in Attelboro to see its Christmas display. He then put his own name on the cross instead of Jesus.
    Toni Saunders, an educational consultant with the non-profit Associated Advocacy Center in Sandwich, who was asked to help the family by their pastor, said, “I heard the story and I was appalled, to put it mildly.”
    “My intention is to shed light on what is happening to children in schools because of zero tolerance,” she said. “I’m sure they expected Santa Claus or a reindeer, but that’s not where this child’s mind was.”
    Johnson, she said, ”just wants to get his son out of the school. His son is really traumatized from this event.
    “This is one of those ‘How is this possible?’ scenarios,” she said. “We live in a society where we’re supposed to honor children and their imagination.”
    In June 2008, a Taunton fifth-grade student was suspended for a day for a stick figure drawing that appeared to depict him shooting his teacher and a classmate.
    Attached Files
    Camouflage

Stockpile supplies, learn survival skills, pray!

It happened in America.....what would ya expect.....
    It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Camouflage View Post
      This otragious case is
      yet another example of how our Christian heritage is being attacked by the liberals and government agencies alike.
      It's almost 2000 years ago since Christ died, but our government(s) still seem to fear him.
      Did you actually read your own post?

Read it again in case you missed anything.

ONE person.. not a government... not some lunatic fundie group... ONE person did something that at best was ill advised, and was very quickly brought to book for it.

Why sensationalise something as simple and straightforward as that? The cut and paste above read like something from the gutter press.
      'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
        Did you actually read your own post?

Read it again in case you missed anything.

ONE person.. not a government... not some lunatic fundie group... ONE person did something that at best was ill advised, and was very quickly brought to book for it.

Why sensationalise something as simple and straightforward as that? The cut and paste above read like something from the gutter press.

Yes, one person acting on an agenda favored and pushed by the government! This wasn't an isolated case since our faith has been attacked in US schools before.
        Camouflage

Comment

Yes, one person acting on an agenda favored and pushed by the government! This wasn't an isolated case since our faith has been attacked in US schools before.
          Now you admit it was the mistake of ONE person. What's the population of the USA?

Can you direct me to one piece of legislation passed by whatever government you're speaking about, actually banning 8 year old kids from drawing pictures?

Comment

Now you admit it was the mistake of ONE person. What's the population of the USA?

Can you direct me to one piece of legislation passed by whatever government you're speaking about, actually banning 8 year old kids from drawing pictures?
            I agree Rashers

Comment

There are no laws in the US banning kids from drawing pictures of Jesus. But various pieces of legislation, federal, state and local, exist to curtail Christian activities.

The federal government abridges the free exercise of religion in America by:

Regulating churches and other religious organizations through its tax laws.
              Limiting religious liberty in the area of public and private education.
              Forbidding non-denominational prayer in public schools and at educational ceremonies.
              Excluding the Bible from school classrooms and from other school property.
              Refusing to permit the religious displays on public property, such as Christmas and Chanukah.

The City council in Oceanside, CA banned public prayers that begin or end with the phrase "in the name of Christ."

And these laws and regulations are being used to prohibit children from drawing pictures of Christ. This "one person" was acting on laws forced down our throats by the liberal secular agenda dominating our government.
              Camouflage

Comment

There are no laws in the US banning kids from drawing pictures of Jesus. But various pieces of legislation, federal, state and local, exist to curtail Christian activities.

The federal government abridges the free exercise of religion in America by:

Regulating churches and other religious organizations through its tax laws.
                Limiting religious liberty in the area of public and private education.
                Forbidding non-denominational prayer in public schools and at educational ceremonies.
                Excluding the Bible from school classrooms and from other school property.
                Refusing to permit the religious displays on public property, such as Christmas and Chanukah.

The City council in Oceanside, CA banned public prayers that begin or end with the phrase "in the name of Christ."

And these laws and regulations are being used to prohibit children from drawing pictures of Christ. This "one person" was acting on laws forced down our throats by the liberal secular agenda dominating our government.
                And I can find this legislation where?

All I read above is separation of church and state.

That one person you persist in mentioning was an idiot pure and simple. Nothing sensational about that.

Comment

And I can find this legislation where?

All I read above is separation of church and state.

That one person you persist in mentioning was an idiot pure and simple. Nothing sensational about that.

There is no federal law prohibiting prayer and other Christian activities in public schools. But various bits and pieces of federal, state and local legislation are being used to curtail religious freedom in the US. It's a complicated matter, since it involves going through massive amounts of often contradicting federal, state and local laws dealing with 1st A and equality issues. It's like taxation. No federal law exists obliging people to pay anything to the IRS. But a lot of people have been heavily fined, imprisoned and even murdered for refusing to do so.

You are correct, Rashers, it it a separation of church and state issue, a clear and deliberate misinterpretation of the 1st A. The founding fathers gave us freedom of religion and did not impose a ban on religion.
                  Camouflage

Comment

There is no federal law prohibiting prayer and other Christian activities in public schools.
                    Thought not.

But various bits and pieces of federal, state and local legislation are being used to curtail religious freedom in the US.
                    Into the realms of fantasy or conspiracy theory again?

No federal law exists obliging people to pay anything to the IRS. But a lot of people have been heavily fined, imprisoned and even murdered for refusing to do so.
                    Wha!!!??? They actually MURDER people who don't pay their taxes in the US? My gawd they'd have a field day here!

You are correct, Rashers, it it a separation of church and state issue, a clear and deliberate misinterpretation of the 1st A. The founding fathers gave us freedom of religion and did not impose a ban on religion.
                    The amendment you speak of states:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Though I have no doubt that there are people (no names no pack drill... but if the cap fits then wear it) who will interpret that amendment to suit their own agenda.

Comment

rashers......everything is a conspiracy dont ya know...i think you read too much sci-fi camou...

sometimes things just are how they are...and people make mistakes or try and inflict their opinions...(conspiracy theories for example) on others...its not a big set up by the government or in fact anyone...just that particular person trying to push their beliefs on others..

Comment

Camouflage can i ask you, Why do you carry so much hatred and anger on your shoulders, As every post i read from you is negative about this or that, yes we are all here to have our own point of view but sorry yours is always way out there.
                        http://www.praofi.org traze@praofi.org

Comment

Originally posted by traze View Post
                          Camouflage can i ask you, Why do you carry so much hatred and anger on your shoulders, As every post i read from you is negative about this or that, yes we are all here to have our own point of view but sorry yours is always way out there.

No point telling folks the sun is shining when in fact it's raining. Fact is that government is constantly eroding our liberties and attacking our traditional Christian / western values and community standards.No point turning a blind eye to this.
                          There is more to life than the British soccer league, Superbowl, music, movie and TV entertainment. I don't know about you, but I am more concerned with preservation and restoration of our civil liberties than with what's going on in Desperate Housewives or whether Sheffield Tuesday or Celtic Glasgow will win the soccer cup.
                          Camouflage

Comment

No point telling folks the sun is shining when in fact it's raining.
                            Is it raining in your world constantly?

Fact is that government is constantly eroding our liberties and attacking our traditional Christian / western values and community standards.No point turning a blind eye to this.
                            Okay so.. what are YOU doing about it? (and I don't mean writing to forums nor joining fringe groups)

Comment

well what comes to mind is the cup..

some see it as half empty..

some see it as half full.

must be very stressful to maintain and life with such negative thoughts..

Comment

Working...
                              X