Get Collins!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Collins!

A Hidden History documentary of the War of Independence.

Sorry it has to be divided into so many parts but You Tube won't let me upload anything that runs for more than 10 minutes. I had to split it into six parts.

Part 1.

'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Pt 2

Comment

Pt 3.

Comment

Part 4.

Comment

Pt 5.

Comment

Pt 6.

Comment

Jim what is the name of that movie about Collins, the more factual one? I think it was an RTE production.
              Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by boxman View Post
                Jim what is the name of that movie about Collins, the more factual one? I think it was an RTE production.
                The Treaty with Bendan Gleeson playing the role of Michael Collins. Much more factual than the later one which is so filled with historical inaccuracies it's almost comedy. British artillery in O'Connell St outside the GPO? Car bombs in town? Its a wonder they didn't throw in a helicopter or two also.

I'll be uploading the full movie of The Treaty soon, and hopefully too that great documentary Hang Up your Brightest Colours.

I have The full version of the Informer to upload also.... along with many others in like vein... watch this space.

Don't forget to look in on The Liberties in the Dublin in video clips thread... Brendan Behan's Dublin is also there... and another movie with a slight sting in the tale (tail?) set in Dublin too.

Lots of good stuff on the way.

Comment

I visited Collin's grave some years ago with the daughter and I cried. My da's hero

Rashers, we need to remember people like Mick Collins so thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Red Biddy View Post
                    I visited Collin's grave some years ago with the daughter and I cried. My da's hero

Rashers, we need to remember people like Mick Collins so thanks
                    Mick's memory will never die so long as I live Liz.... and that goes for two of my sons as well. I'm also happy to say a granddaughter will keep his memory alive. Like you I hope his memory shall never pass from the minds of Irish men and women.

Comment

My daughter is the same. My da said that when he was shot he asked to be buried in dublin - am I right?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Biddy View Post
                        My da said that when he was shot he asked to be buried in dublin - am I right?
                        I wouldn't say so. The wound was so bad he died almost instantly.

Though he may have expressed a preference while still in good health.

Comment

My dad was 10 in the 1911 census and was street wise. He lived in Upper Dominic st and said when the BA came searching, the neighbours would hit the pipes on the wall to warn others

He and his 'brother', a lad his mother took in called Shabby got jail in the Joy for beating up a British soldier who dragged the tricolour in the dirty gutter in Grafton St. He lost 2 teeth there

Comment

Liz,

Your dad's 'brother's' two lost teeth were a badge of honour.

Comment

My da lost the teeth Rashers

He took us to the Parades but he stood tall and proud (he was for those days) at the Easter Pade and always wore the Easter lily. He showed me the bullet holes in the wall in the lane around the corner from the GPO at the back of Moore St

He told me he lost heart during the Civil War - brothers and pals divided

Comment

Working...
                              X