Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walls Lane over 100 years ago leading up to Nicolas of Myra Church Francis Street, Dublin 8.

Carman's Hall as it is to-day leading up to St.Nicolas of Myra Church Francis Street. Walls Lane no longer exists I assume in the redevelopment of the Carman Hall area the lane was included into Carmans Hall which appears to be wider than most side streets in that area. Can anyone enlighten me?

Last edited by pegasus; 04-07-2012, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pegasus View Post
      Walls Lane over 100 years ago leading up to Nicolas of Myra Church Francis Street, Dublin 8.

Carman's Hall as it is to-day leading up to St.Nicolas of Myra Church Francis Street. Walls Lane no longer exists I assume in the redevelopment of the Carman Hall area the lane was included into Carmans Hall which appears to be wider than most side streets in that area. Can anyone enlighten me?

don't recognise either of them...used to go to marks alley (next door) quite often....and the myra hall, which i think is between the two..

my dad was taken to that church when he died......they carried him all the way from piles buildings (arthurs lane).....
      Last edited by quinner; 04-07-2012, 11:11 PM.
      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

• Great work P..............

Comment

• Fatima Mansions with a branch of the Grand Canal running beside.

To-day new Apartment blocks have replaced the old Mansions and the Luas tram-line has replaced the waterway.

Comment

• I came across this comparison of Linenhall Parade on the net.

The person who made the composite took the trouble to get the sun almost the same on the second photo.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the uniform look, and beauty, of the road is ruined by the obsession to individually decorate the walls and get rid of the lovely fence....what is it that inspires people to do this......No likee....
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by nansson View Post
              I came across this comparison of Linenhall Parade on the net.

The person who made the composite took the trouble to get the sun almost the same on the second photo.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the uniform look, and beauty, of the road is ruined by the obsession to individually decorate the walls and get rid of the lovely fence....what is it that inspires people to do this......No likee....
              The other thing is the distinct lack of children playing in the modern photo!
              Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

• I agree Nansson,much nicer in the first picture, the ugly pole is gone though,love the old lampost!

Comment

• Originally posted by boxman View Post
                  The other thing is the distinct lack of children playing in the modern photo!
                  Do you not get it Boxie, the first picture was taken about 50 years ago, so those children are all grown up like. Why would adults be playing on the street ???
                  Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is mystery, Today is a gift.

Comment

• brilliant pics guys,i never get tired of looking at them,keep them coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by nansson View Post
                      I came across this comparison of Linenhall Parade on the net.

I definitely prefer the more modern photo with the brighter buildings.
                      Do what you love - love what you do.

Comment

• Temple Lane joining Middle Gardiner Street with Hill Street well over 100 years ago.

Temple Lane, Dublin 1 as it is to-day.

Comment

• Jervis Street, Dublin 1 in the old days.

Jervis Street to-day.

Comment

• great pics pegasus.

Comment

• Blackhall Street, Dublin 7 many years ago.

Blackhall Street to-day.

Comment

• Fade Street, Dublin 2. well over 100 years ago.

Fade Street to-day

Comment

Working...
                                X