This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meath St Coombe ?
    Last edited by archangel; 05-06-2013, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by archangel View Post
      Meath St Coombe ?
      Yeh...The Coombe during the Eucharistic Congress 1932 Arch.
      We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• Dublin 1915

Last edited by Rashers; 06-06-2013, 10:37 PM. Reason: I embedded the video clip

Comment

• Originally posted by fitzy View Post
          Wow, thats amazing. I watched it a few times and goose bumps explains it aptly.
          Any idea, whats coming down the quays at 2.50. it appears like 2 very large elephants.
          Old age and treachery will outdo youth and skill anyday

Comment

• Something similar, but 1965 to the music of the beatles

Last edited by Rashers; 07-06-2013, 09:05 AM. Reason: I embedded video

Comment

Dublin 1915

that is a brilliant clip fitzy..

Comment

• Fitzy thats a rare and brilliant clip but there is something about it...given the year it was made.....can anyone say what it is...

Also really enjoy Sharky's one with the great music...
                It is what it is.

Comment

Dublin 1915

Originally posted by Sharkface View Post
                  Wow, thats amazing. I watched it a few times and goose bumps explains it aptly.
                  Any idea, whats coming down the quays at 2.50. it appears like 2 very large elephants.
                  Originally posted by Sharkface View Post
                  Something similar, but 1965 to the music of the beatles

Originally posted by rosebud View Post
                  that is a brilliant clip fitzy..
                  Originally posted by Pammy View Post
                  Fitzy thats a rare and brilliant clip but there is something about it...given the year it was made.....can anyone say what it is...

Also really enjoy Sharky's one with the great music...
                  thanks for embedding that rashers , glad you all liked it , sharkface thats a great one you put up , its giving me an idea , think I'll search the net of videos of Dublin year by year , Patte news has some great clips of areas in Dublin down the years

Comment

• The Dublin in Video clips might be a better place to post the videos, and leave this one for the old still pics. Have a look HERE.
                    'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rashers View Post
                      The Dublin in Video clips might be a better place to post the videos, and leave this one for the old still pics. Have a look HERE.
                      your right rashers , it was my mistake to post it here ,Iwill use the other thread next time

Comment

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                        Ta Rash....I'm takin it back to the bloke wha sold it te me as Ellis Quay....the lyin steward. Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down........in a most delightful way.
                        any info on this DTW. The woman looks like one of the ladies who worked at the Bayno

Comment

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                          Was it this Mick's ?.
                          It certainly was. One of my fav watering holes when I partook of the demon drink. I suppose you know why it was called Mick's Bar?
                          'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

• Originally posted by twangman View Post
                            any info on this DTW. The woman looks like one of the ladies who worked at the Bayno
                            I think I nicked it from an Irish Pic Archive....but there wasn't any explanation with it Twangers.

This is Rosie Johnston....the first queen of Moore Street in 1930.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Rashers View Post
                              It certainly was. One of my fav watering holes when I partook of the demon drink. I suppose you know why it was called Mick's Bar?
                              Don't tell me after Mick Collins used it ?... I haven't a clue R.

Comment

your right rashers , it was my mistake to post it here ,Iwill use the other thread next time
                                Me too also Rashers.

Comment

Working...
                                X