What Are You Reading ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
    My current bedtime read = "The Amazing Rise and Rise of Sinn Fein"...(From Arthur Griffith to the present day) (Acme Books 2020).
    Ah.....is this what's prompted your interest in Mary Lou, or did Mary Lou whet your appetite?

Comment

• Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
      Ah.....is this what's prompted your interest in Mary Lou, or did Mary Lou whet your appetite?
      I just think shes a real switched on cookie.... The book's a figment of my imagination mentioned for effect :-)
      We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

My current bedtime read = "The Amazing Rise and Rise of Sinn Fein"...(From Arthur Griffith to the present day) (Acme Books 2020).
        Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
        I just think shes a real switched on cookie.... The book's a figment of my imagination mentioned for effect :-)
        Lol! I should have realised. Maybe you could write the book?

Comment

• Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
          Lol! I should have realised. Maybe you could write the book?
          Lol....i thought yu would suss it...was waiting to be told it doesnt exist :-) Maybe i will...because it has been an amazing rise. Im all in favour of fighting against sectarianism and for human equality....anyone who lies down to oppression is a doormat fool.

Comment

• I just finished reading IN SUNSHINE OR IN SHADOW it’s a book written by
            Donald Mc RAE about boxing during the troubles in the North. I know boxing is not everyone’s cup of tea but this book is mainly about Gerry Storey and his
            Holy Family boxing club and the work he done on both sides of the community training boxers.He was probably the only person who was able to walk up the Shankill and the Fall’s road without been been harmed or questioned.A good story about an amazing man

Comment

• I'm heading to the Library tomorrow to collect Beren and Luthien by Tolkien, I am looking forward to reading it

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                I'm heading to the Library tomorrow to collect Beren and Luthien by Tolkien, I am looking forward to reading it
                I could never get into Tolkien lesser books.

Comment

I'm heading to the Library tomorrow to collect Beren and Luthien by Tolkien, I am looking forward to reading it
                  It's had some cracking reviews.

Comment

It's had some cracking reviews.
                    I just finished a book on Tolkien's life which was really interesting, and Beren and Luthien was originally a poem, but part of it is incorporated into the Lord of the Rings.

Comment

I just finished a book on Tolkien's life which was really interesting, and Beren and Luthien was originally a poem, but part of it is incorporated into the Lord of the Rings.
                      I knew a family called Bliss whose parents were friends of his, no idea if that's were he got the name from for his Mr Bliss book. But they did have some LOR first editions, signed and dedicated to them.

Comment

• Ive just finished F. Scott Fitzgeralds Tender Is The Night, while i enjoyed it i didnt think it was a great read. I found the chronological order of the book a bit mixed up. My granddaughter who had left the book here at Christmas said she found it too long winded and tedious.

Comment

Sounds just the ticket....most ppl can't get enough Tolkien once they start. Hope the library has it and hope you enjoy it V2, you can't beat a good read...bit like a best friendship....ye never want it to end

Comment

Sounds just the ticket....most ppl can't get enough Tolkien once they start. Hope the library has it and hope you enjoy it V2, you can't beat a good read...bit like a best friendship....ye never want it to end
                            Yes I have it DT they were saving it for me. I was out for the day yesterday, got home late, too tired for Forum or reading. I will start tonight.

Comment

• I have five or so books waiting for me to start, but between the house repairs[finished yesterday] and a wedding in two weeks time I havn`t got the mindset to start, bought another two last night!!….the wife her sister and her granddaughter went on the river today....a bit sunburned, was 40.3c. nothing serious just not used to the hot climes.
                              in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

• plenty of books i can read now with all the visiters gone , reading dublin 1922 till now , very good so far know most or all so far but theres a few extra bits of info on each item i didn`t know.
                                in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

Working...
                                X