No announcement yet.

What Are You Reading ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was never one for reading , but heard a discussion on the radio last year about a book called ' The Manhattan Project ' , got a great review …….oddly enough it's about bioterrorism .

Comment

• I have started to re-read a book called The Historical figure of Jesus. It is not a religious book, it outlines the life of Jesus from the point of view of a historian, a non religious study of the evidence for Jesus's existence. Well worth a read.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
        I have started to re-read a book called The Historical figure of Jesus. It is not a religious book, it outlines the life of Jesus from the point of view of a historian, a non religious study of the evidence for Jesus's existence. Well worth a read.
        A jayziz...the Modus knows all about that...he wrote books about dat on Dub.ie... Think callen "Did Jesus Exist" it was riveting and brought out the best of forum pseudo-intellectuals and poets.
        I'm reading "The Flattening of the Sombrero method of fighting viruses " lol.
        We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
          A jayziz...the Modus knows all about that...he wrote books about dat on Dub.ie... Think callen "Did Jesus Exist" it was riveting and brought out the best of forum pseudo-intellectuals and poets.
          No it was "Does God Exist" - totally different question.

Comment

DT if you are seeking an intellectual, best look elsewhere, I would not be able to assist that, alas

Comment

That sounds like a spaghetti western

Comment

• Originally posted by kellier View Post
                That sounds like a spaghetti western
                LMAO...For a few tins more
                We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• Christmas read

From Santa yesterday...

Reappraisal of the events surrounding the Arms Crisis in 1970.

There's a bit of background here...

Everything is self-evident.

Comment

• Originally posted by cogito View Post
                    From Santa yesterday...

I got Champagne Football......about Delaney and his antics....
                    The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

From Santa yesterday...

Sounds like a really good read

Comment

• Just finished a book called Tony 10 it would be of interest to Twobob, it’s a book about gambling and how it can get out of hand. I could picture myself when I was single I gambled a lot but I had to go home when I lost my money, I would hate to think what would have happened if I had a credit card then or an account with Paddy Power. Tony O Reilly was the guys name and he gambled 10 million and ended up stealing over 2 million from his workplace. A good read for anyone who is interested in gambling

Comment

• Must be the worse addiction of the lot.
                          Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Must be the worse addiction of the lot.
                            I agree you cannot drink more than your fill in a day, or take drugs that costs thousands in a day but there is no limit to what you can gamble in a minute

Comment

• Before my Dad married he loved to gamble. He had been saving up for years for my Mam and him to marry, He didn't trust himself with the money so he put it in the care of my Mam who loaned it to a friend in distress. My dad was furious and it was all off. He missed her so one night coming home from work with his weekly wage decided to put it all on a horse,

If the horse lost that was it. If the horse won he would go up and ask my mam to marry him. Well the horse won and next morning my Mam and him went to St Agnes Church and got married with two cleaners as witnesses, You could do that in the times. When they came back to Mams house and she assured them she was not pregnant a party commenced that lasted three days, The best wedding of all my aunts and uncles said. Now had Dad not been a gambler I would not be here or six brothers and sisters twenty nine grandkids and oodles and oodles of great grand kids

Comment

• Originally posted by joan mack View Post
                                Before my Dad married he loved to gamble. He had been saving up for years for my Mam and him to marry, He didn't trust himself with the money so he put it in the care of my Mam who loaned it to a friend in distress. My dad was furious and it was all off. He missed her so one night coming home from work with his weekly wage decided to put it all on a horse,

If the horse lost that was it. If the horse won he would go up and ask my mam to marry him. Well the horse won and next morning my Mam and him went to St Agnes Church and got married with two cleaners as witnesses, You could do that in the times. When they came back to Mams house and she assured them she was not pregnant a party commenced that lasted three days, The best wedding of all my aunts and uncles said. Now had Dad not been a gambler I would not be here or six brothers and sisters twenty nine grandkids and oodles and oodles of great grand kids

My sisters husband gave her most of his salary to save when they were saving for a deposit for a house they put it into a joint account ....after a couple of years he decided it was time to look for a house......and she had spent all the money ....turns out she was a shopaholic and spent it all on crap ...
                                The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Working...
                                X