What Are You Reading ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
    Sounds good M8.... did ye ever read "Round Ireland with a Fridge" kin hilarious.
    No, but will deff look out for it.
    I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
    Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Let's know when ye get te the Celts bit.
      Have you finished reading the Wombles yet.....?
      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jembo View Post
        No, but will deff look out for it.
        'I hereby bet Tony Hawks the sum of One Hundred Pounds that he cannot hitchhike round the circumference of Ireland, with a fridge, within one calendar month'

A foolhardy attempt to win a drunken bet led to Tony Hawks having one of the most unforgettable experiences of his life. Joined by his trusty travelling-companion-cum-domestic-appliance, he found himself in the midst of a remarkable, inspirational and, at times, downright silly adventure.

In their month of madness, Tony and his fridge surfed together; entered a batchelor festival; and one of them had sex without the other knowing. The fridge got christened, and they even met the poorest king on Earth.

An absurd story of an extraordinary adventure, Round Ireland with a Fridge follows the fearless pair as they battle towards Dublin and a breathtaking finale that is moving, uplifting, and a fitting conclusion to the whole ridiculous affair. Yill pick wan up on Amazon fer £8.00.
        We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

'I hereby bet Tony Hawks the sum of One Hundred Pounds that he cannot hitchhike round the circumference of Ireland, with a fridge, within one calendar month'

A foolhardy attempt to win a drunken bet led to Tony Hawks having one of the most unforgettable experiences of his life. Joined by his trusty travelling-companion-cum-domestic-appliance, he found himself in the midst of a remarkable, inspirational and, at times, downright silly adventure.

In their month of madness, Tony and his fridge surfed together; entered a batchelor festival; and one of them had sex without the other knowing. The fridge got christened, and they even met the poorest king on Earth.

An absurd story of an extraordinary adventure, Round Ireland with a Fridge follows the fearless pair as they battle towards Dublin and a breathtaking finale that is moving, uplifting, and a fitting conclusion to the whole ridiculous affair. Yill pick wan up on Amazon fer £8.00.
          Sounds absolutely hilarious, thanks for that M8.
          I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
          Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Originally posted by jembo View Post
            Sounds absolutely hilarious, thanks for that M8.
            Ive got 4 on the go at the mo...... Gay Byrne Biog.......Harry by Harry Rednap.......Point ...Spice Island......and...... Why dont penguins feet freeze ?

Comment

Ive got 4 on the go at the mo...... Gay Byrne Biog.......Harry by Harry Rednap.......Point ...Spice Island......and...... Why dont penguins feet freeze ?
              An eclectic mix........Testament of Youth, by Vera Brittain........not madly exciting but I've started so I'll finish.......

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                An eclectic mix........Testament of Youth, by Vera Brittain........not madly exciting but I've started so I'll finish.......
                What's it about ?.

Comment

What's it about ?.
                  It's autobiographical.......about a middle class girl during world war one who becomes a nurse and loses both her fiance and her brother in the trenches. She was Shirley Williams' mother.

Comment

It's autobiographical.......about a middle class girl during world war one who becomes a nurse and loses both her fiance and her brother in the trenches. She was Shirley Williams' mother.
                    Her of the Lib Dems ?
                    Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Or whatever they were called before that...
                      Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
                        Her of the Lib Dems ?
                        Yep.........

Comment

Geze sounds very good....my kinda read biogs.....she was on the box last night giving her take on the Chilcot business.

I could recommend a nifty little book, well 241 pages exactly, by Clair Wills, it's Dublin 1916...but mainly deals with "The Siege of the GPO" it might be useful for your work in progress perhaps.

Comment

Geze sounds very good....my kinda read biogs.....she was on the box last night giving her take on the Chilcot business.

I could recommend a nifty little book, well 241 pages exactly, by Clair Wills, it's Dublin 1916...but mainly deals with "The Siege of the GPO" it might be useful for your work in progress perhaps.
                            Got it a while back -it's very good.

Comment

Got it a while back -it's very good.
                              Good choice.....I'm still lookin for dem steps ye know.......

Comment

anyone any suggestions for a decent read???? ive just finished the Power of positive thinking by the Peales, and my brain is sorta fried..i read it way way back in the day and decided to wade thro it again to see if it was still applicable....now its not summer reading and running back and forth with kids isnt the ideal climate to read it in.....I downloaded the girl with the pearl earring over the weekend...but its not doing it for me...all suggestions welcome...maybe im going thro a dry period with reading..happens now and then..

Comment

Working...
                                X