R IP Jimmy Fanning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R IP Jimmy Fanning

Just heard that Jimmy Fanning, whom many of you may remember from the 60s group The Strangers has passed away. May he Rest In Peace. I know I have many good memories of seeing them play in my teens.

Jimmy Fanning R.I.P.
    The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

RIP Jimmy Fanning!

Comment

Originally posted by Womblemum View Post
        Just heard that Jimmy Fanning, whom many of you may remember from the 60s group The Strangers has passed away. May he Rest In Peace. I know I have many good memories of seeing them play in my teens.
        I'm very sorry to hear that sad news.I was playing some of The Strangers records during my drive from Belfast today.You'll remember the following I'm sure :

" Look Out ( Here Comes Tomorrow ) " / " Mary Mary Where You Going To " and their great version of The Kinks song " I'm On An Island " Great Great Memories

of The Cavalier Club Montaque Lane,The Five Club in Harcourt Street and Pat's in Portrane on Sunny Summer Sunday Afternoons. May Jimmy Rest in Peace.
        Last edited by camden; 22-05-2013, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Jimmy was in Puerto Rico, in the Royal Oak for years....he still had a great voice and didn't seem to age at all.

Jimmy on the right
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by camden View Post
            Great Great Memories,of The Cavalier Club Montaque Lane,The Five Club in Harcourt Street and Pat's in Portrane on Sunny Summer Sunday Afternoons. May Jimmy Rest in Peace.
            Those were the days. RIP.
            We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Originally posted by nansson View Post
              Jimmy was in Puerto Rico, in the Royal Oak for years....he still had a great voice and didn't seem to age at all.

Jimmy on the right
              That pic brings back some memories Nans.
              We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Originally posted by camden View Post
                I'm very sorry to hear that sad news.I was playing some of The Strangers records during my drive from Belfast today.You'll remember the following I'm

" Look Out ( Here Comes Tomorrow ) " / " Mary Mary Where You Going To " and their great version of The Kinks song " I'm On An Island " Great Great Memories

of The Cavalier Club Montaque Lane,The Five Club in Harcourt Street and Pat's in Portrane on Sunny Summer Sunday Afternoons. May Jimmy Rest in Peace.
                I hope the Lord is kind to him.RIP.

Comment

Jimmy in great voice

Comment

Camden I was in Portrane a lot in the sixties.....which Pats are you talkin about...
                    It is what it is.

Comment

just to say rip

Comment

Originally posted by Red Biddy View Post
                        just to say rip
                        Watched and enjoyed the Strangers in the Nevin and what a good group they were. So sad to hear the news, Christ this has been a bad month for us, we have had 3 funerals in May a young cousin 41 from cancer and 2 elderly relations......................Try and keep out of the papers friends....
                        Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is mystery, Today is a gift.

Comment

Originally posted by sheelbee View Post
                          Watched and enjoyed te Strangers in the Nevin and what a good group they were. So sad to hear the news, Christ this has been a bad month for us, we have had 3 funerals in May a young cousin 41 from cancer and 2 elderly relations......................Try and keep out of the papers friends....
                          Bad time S.....it can only get better

Comment

Originally posted by nansson View Post
                            Bad time S.....it can only get better
                            Out of the sadness a little levity raised its head.........Who will be next///////Paddy Power get in here fast !!
                            Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is mystery, Today is a gift.

Comment

Originally posted by sheelbee View Post
                              Out of the sadness a little levity raised its head.........Who will be next///////Paddy Power get in here fast !!
                              Ha haaa........could be you...!

Comment

Working...
                              X