Honesty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honesty

last night myself and maisy went shopping in the blanchardstown center , we where in Dunnes shopping for about half an hour when it was announced would the owner of car reg ...... come to the information desk , may and I both thought the car had been broken into or clamped , may went to the desk only to find a young man had handed in our car keys which I (fecking eegit ) had left in the car door , he said he seen the keys and didnt know if the car was locked but his friend was outside minding it for the owner , may went out and found not only was it open but I had left my parking permit and driving licence plus a 2 flash drives on the passenger seat , she came back in and showed my the lad , I thanked him and may bought him a few lotto scratch cards as a thank you , I said thanks your a very honest and thoughtful person to do that ,he replied its the way my mam brought me up , this is where I should be ashamed of myself had I seen this lad on the street I would have thought to myself another fecking junkie , just by his appearance , I hope he won something on the scratch cards he deserves it

John that's a lovely story......it just shows there are some honest and decent people left in the world.....and yea we should't just people by how they look......so glad your car was safe..
    It is what it is.

Comment

great story fitzy.....

a great day for all concerned............
      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Pam ,quinner it was a stupid and silly mistake that I hope I never do again , but more so it thought me a lesson "never judge anyone by their looks " ,.

Comment

Dont worry John .... I have left the key in the "front door" many a time.....coulda been and ravaged...but sadly never was...
          It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Pammy View Post
            Dont worry John .... I have left the key in the "front door" many a time.....coulda been and ravaged...but sadly never was...
            lol pam I must be getting old I did that a few weeks ago , the postman woke us ringing the bell and asked did we know the keys where in the door that was 7.30 in the morning they where there over night , may now doesnt trust me with keys or so she's said for the last 17 hours , lol .
            pam if ya told me about your keys I could have gone over rofl

Comment

Shucks I shoulda told ya.....next time I'll leave the key in on purpose....lol
              It is what it is.

Comment

Well done John and Maisy. I've seen cases of honesty that went unrewarded. My late father and a friend found a leather bag in town. The opened it and it was stuffed with money and papers. Amongst the papers was one with a name and address on it. Off they headed to the address. A woman answered their knock on the door and as soon as she realised they had her bag of money, she told them they took their time returning it to her, and without a thank you closed the door in their faces!

So if that woman in Rathfarnham is reading this, you might like to know that the two men had to walk home as they only had the busfare from town to Rathfarnham.

So you see John, not everyone is like yourself and Maisy. That young man will remember your kindness in recognising his honesty.
                'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

hi that reminds me years ago i was walking across a supermarket car park heading from a bank towards a post office a guy walking in front of me heading in the same direction dropped a roll of notes from his pocket i seen these falling out of his pocket ,i picked them up and followed him into the post office he was on a queue i tapped him on the shoulder and said you dropped this money about 100to150 £ he just took the money turned back on the queue and said nothing and as he was leaving the post office he turned his head so he did not have to look at me.i think he thought some fool was giving him some money for nothing so was he right was i a fool.

Comment

John, That was a lovely story and yes we should not judge people for how they look.
                    I love it that he said his mother brought him up properly, well done him...
                    My eldest son had a paper round when he was about 11, one morning he found a wallet on someones drive so he rang the bell, a bloke opened the door and look at the wallet and he said " it's mine, but what a bluddy time to ring someons bell" and slamed the door ... there's thanks for you...
                    You got to have a twinkle in your wrinkle.

Comment

a lovely story fitzy.

Comment

Great story Fitzy
                        When I was a little kid I found a wallet bulging with money notes,,gave it to the Rathmines police,,few days later a Culchy from Wexford,called to our house and thanked me with a little bar of Cadbury's choc,,,what a bummer,,mean shoite
                        I'm a Freeborn Man of the Travellin' People

Comment

Great story John, but I'm amazed at the other stories where there was no thanks, in fact outright disgusting conduct.
                          today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Comment

I found a purse in Blanchardstown Centre on a seat, money and cards in it, gave it to Customer Service counter, 2 weeks later I asked was it collected and was told well it is not here now so it must have been!

son heard a phone ringing on a Dublin Bus, so he found it and answered it, the voice on the other end said "You have my phone" in an accusing voice, he answered, no I just answered your phone which you left on the bus, he offered to bring it into the city centre the next day and hand it over to the person, then the persons mother rang and said "you have my daughters phone" in an accusing voice
                            people do not expect others to be honest but I think there are still lots of honest people out there.

Comment

I would have told them the number of the bus and the seat they could find it on if they hurry!,,

Comment

Working...
                              X