Mass coughing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass coughing.

Does any of you,practising or not,Catholics,remember,that after the consecration at mass,everyone would begin to hack and cough spontaneously .I often wondered,if this was strictly a Dublin phenomenom.lol

it might be an irish thing ed...the fear of god maybe lol...i do know i have been in church here on very few occasions and each time i developed a horrible tickling coughin sensation in my throat...the last time i had to actually chew the top of a ciggie box to stop it.......i was mortified...

Comment

Originally posted by Ed O'Gorman View Post
      Does any of you,practising or not,Catholics,remember,that after the consecration at mass,everyone would begin to hack and cough spontaneously .I often wondered,if this was strictly a Dublin phenomenom.lol
      I don't know Ed......I was headin' fer the doras....!

Comment

That was to give the priest the billy that we all wanted OUT.

Comment

It was getting close to opening time!
          I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
          Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Originally posted by tolka1 View Post
            That was to give the priest the billy that we all wanted OUT.
            I'd almost forgotten about it,i has been so long since I visited a church.

Comment

Those were the days one might get a drop of wine perhaps, or maybe someone opened the window an in flu..enza, or you went to a strange church, and ye didn't want to " cough" up money for the collection plate..or?
              today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Comment

It was the man above warning ye yid choke if ye went up te receive, when he knew ye missed yer confession on the Saturday.
                We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                  It was the man above warning ye yid choke if ye went up te receive, when he knew ye missed yer confession on the Saturday.
                  Bless me Father,for I have sinned,,,,I looked at me sisters Knickers on the cloths line

Fifteen Hail Mary's,for being a naughty boy
                  I'm a Freeborn Man of the Travellin' People

Comment

Originally posted by tommie View Post
                    Bless me Father,for I have sinned,,,,I looked at me sisters Knickers on the cloths line

Ye durty little so n so...that'd sure make ye cough.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                      Ye durty little so n so...that'd sure make ye cough.
                      Ahem

Comment

My late and loved mother in law, used to call them "yes Ma'am's".They were the ones down to the knees with elastic in the legs.lol

Comment

tommie;I've tried to remember the words for confession,but I can't remember them.

Comment

tommie;I've tried to remember the words for confession,but I can't remember them.
                            Bless you Ed,for you have sinned,,your last confessions was a long time ago,,

Comment

My late and loved mother in law, used to call them "yes Ma'am's".They were the ones down to the knees with elastic in the legs.lol
                              Bloomers... after Amelia Jenks, I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X