No announcement yet.

35mm Photography.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll do a bit of digging around. It seems awfully expensive. I suspect that that was a priority mail of some type.There must be a cheaper option, perhaps a "slower" delivery option. I'll go to a different post office and see what they can do for me. I was hoping for something in the region of €20 to €25.

Comment

I seen one in the window of a camera shop yesterday for €120

Comment

Originally posted by Hagar View Post
        I'll do a bit of digging around. It seems awfully expensive. I suspect that that was a priority mail of some type.There must be a cheaper option, perhaps a "slower" delivery option. I'll go to a different post office and see what they can do for me. I was hoping for something in the region of €20 to €25.
        Thanks again Hagar, and apologies for taking so long to reply back but I've been working shift.
        If there's no better option sure then maybe we'll run with the post office price, maybe with insurance if it's not much extra.

I was browsing some photos last night as I looked for one or two to post up. This one I came across not because it's anything special but it reminded me of the gorgeous pint of Guinness and toasted ham & cheese sandwiches they serve here J.Grogan's Castle Lounge pub on South William Street.

It's shot with a Hassleblad 500C/M using Ilford XP2 Super 400 black & white film.
        Attached Files

Comment

I was cleaning out the attic in my mother's house a couple of weeks ago...and found a undeveloped roll of 35mm Agfa film....the photo's were taken in 1979 by my father according to the envelope it was in ...... I took it to my local photo shop to see if it could be developed and he said of course no problem...but when he seen the film he said it could only be developed using CNS procedures and that procedure was done away with 25 years ago.....and he couldn't develop them.....
          Anyone got any ideas.....or should i just throw the film in the bin
          The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Originally posted by dinny View Post
            I was cleaning out the attic in my mother's house a couple of weeks ago...and found a undeveloped roll of 35mm Agfa film....the photo's were taken in 1979 by my father according to the envelope it was in ...... I took it to my local photo shop to see if it could be developed and he said of course no problem...but when he seen the film he said it could only be developed using CNS procedures and that procedure was done away with 25 years ago.....and he couldn't develop them.....
            CNS film was a brand of Agfa film that was produced from the late 1960's. The brand promised a better quality of colour photo at the time. Now to the best of my knowledge it can be developed with a traditional dark room setup. As for the age of the film, well you'd be surprised what you can develop from an old spool of film, I developed a ten year old 35mm roll this weekend and it came out perfect. Unfortunately I don't have a colour setup otherwise I'd try it for you.
            I would recommend you try the Camera Exchange in George's Street Dublin. I've been a customer of theirs for years and have always found them to be excellent in every way, and they develop in traditional style too.

Many photo development kiosks in shops like the large electrical stores advertise development but very few do it old style and rely on modern machinery and computers for a cheap and fast turnaround, which is grand for many 35mm brands.

But certainly don't throw it out, if the Camera Exchange can't help, which I'd be surprised if they can't, then get back to me and I'll give you details of a girl in Cork who runs an excellent traditional dark room.

Comment

Thanks Forty for that....I'll call in to them over the next week ...and let you know how I get on

Comment

Thanks Forty for that....I'll call in to them over the next week ...and let you know how I get on
                They may also be able to scan the negatives to CD so you can view them on a computer.
                Hopefully they can sort you.

Comment

Sorry, I haven't forgotten about this. I've been running around mad busy for the last week so I never got to follow it up at the other post office.
                  I'll try to get it done in the next day or two.

Comment

Dinny you could ask in the Camera Shop in Camden Street or there is a camera club in Camden Street as well. I think they open on Tuesday evenings at 7.30pm you could see if they can help.Don't throw out the negatives.

Comment

Originally posted by jeangenie View Post
                      Dinny you could ask in the Camera Shop in Camden Street or there is a camera club in Camden Street as well. I think they open on Tuesday evenings at 7.30pm you could see if they can help.Don't throw out the negatives.
                      It's a roll of film jj.....undeveloped ......i'll call in there if i don't get any joy in Georges st

Comment

It's a roll of film jj.....undeveloped ......i'll call in there if i don't get any joy in Georges st
                        Well don't throw out the roll. I'm sure the camera club would have a dark room and they might help you out.

Comment

Originally posted by jeangenie View Post
                          Originally posted by Fortypence View Post
                          CNS film was a brand of Agfa film that was produced from the late 1960's. The brand promised a better quality of colour photo at the time. Now to the best of my knowledge it can be developed with a traditional dark room setup. As for the age of the film, well you'd be surprised what you can develop from an old spool of film, I developed a ten year old 35mm roll this weekend and it came out perfect. Unfortunately I don't have a colour setup otherwise I'd try it for you.
                          I would recommend you try the Camera Exchange in George's Street Dublin. I've been a customer of theirs for years and have always found them to be excellent in every way, and they develop in traditional style too.

Many photo development kiosks in shops like the large electrical stores advertise development but very few do it old style and rely on modern machinery and computers for a cheap and fast turnaround, which is grand for many 35mm brands.

But certainly don't throw it out, if the Camera Exchange can't help, which I'd be surprised if they can't, then get back to me and I'll give you details of a girl in Cork who runs an excellent traditional dark room.

Hi Lads

I've tried everywhere possible in Ireland to get my film developed but no joy..Camera Exchange and Shop in Camden St couldn't do anything either ....a guy overheard me talking to John Gunn in Camden St and followed me out of the shop....He is a professional photographer from Canada .....fairly well known by all accounts ...has a couple of galleries .....I explained the situation to him....he was telling me that the CNS method of developing was done at 15 degrees...The C41 process used today is done at 35-38 degrees...and it would destroy my film.....but he suggested that I might try and get them developed using C41 but develop them in Black and White....this process is done at approximately 20 degrees.....it may distort the photo's a little or may not...I may have to go that way unless I can find some where abroad to process them......I've looked on the net and they can be developed in Germany so I may try them....

Comment

dinny, it might be worth contacting these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Fortypence View Post
                              dinny, it might be worth contacting these guys.

http://www.filmrescue.com
                              Thanks Forty......I've just sent an e-mail to the above address

Comment

Working...
                              X