10km Charity Walk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10km Charity Walk

I have signed up to do a 10km walk for Debra Ireland in memory of my son Adam who would have been 21 years old this year. It is taking place on Sunday the 9th of March. I'll be walking from the Wicklow Gap down through Glendalough and then a bit of a climb so I'm told up Brockagh Mountain. It is a half marathon with a 10km along side for those less fit. I've usually been a bystander but the year that it is I thought I would do it. The event has booked out with 400 people signed up and a waiting list for drop outs. If anyone would like to sponsor me I have set up a page on My Charity .ie http://www.mycharity.ie/event/kevin_...memory_of_adam

This is Debra's site for info www.debraireland.org

congratulations, see you have reached your target of 500 euro, good luck with the run on Sunday.

Comment

Thank you fastfoot and welcome to the forum. I seen your post before I seen my emails and I am totally stunned I really am by peoples response. Again I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their support with this. The icing on the cake would be a nice mild dry day on Sunday (not forecast I don't think)

Comment

Well it's done and dusted took me 3 hours and 10 minutes. I made it back in one piece. I had to transform into a billy goat for some of it negotiating down rocks and through mucky trails and then 2 steep hills up from Glendalough but it was worth it. A smashing day and the weather held of. Here are a few photos I am still resizing etc so I hope to have some more as soon as.
        Attached Files

Comment

well done jg, looking forward to the photos

Comment

Taken me ages to sort photos a lot of them where of runners passing me by here's another couple of scenery. the second one was taken at 7.30am I went early to catch the morning light over the lake but there wasn't much. The third one is a triple exposure or HDR for short.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jeangenie View Post
              Taken me ages to sort photos a lot of them where of runners passing me by here's another couple of scenery. the second one was taken at 7.30am I went early to catch the morning light over the lake but there wasn't much. The third one is a triple exposure or HDR for short.
              Yeah...well done and great pix....n sore feet
              We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Amazingly enough I did not get any blisters but a few muscle aches this morning. The view down from the Wicklow Gap. It's a beautiful spot and not to far from Dublin about an hour.
                Attached Files

Comment

Well done JG, so proud of you for what you done, you know Adam would be proud of his Dad. The photos are amazing, as yours always are, I can't believe how beautiful that lake is, it's like glass! Thank you for sharing, I have never been there, and you brought it to me!

Comment

Originally posted by jeangenie View Post
                    Amazingly enough I did not get any blisters but a few muscle aches this morning. The view down from the Wicklow Gap. It's a beautiful spot and not to far from Dublin about an hour.
                    Spent many many hours up there with the boys when they were young, spend hours there with visitors now and waiting for Scarlett to get older to go with her. Never get tired of it.
                    Great photos jg

Comment

Thanks for the comments Maire and Bigby. I had to wear a time chip and I nearly came last. It took me 3hours 10mins and 3seconds. The views slowed me down.

Comment

they would have sent out a search party for me, would have been hours late with those views

think that was a great time

Comment

I think you're amazing. Well done.

Comment

Working...
                          X