Men and the Price of Petrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Men and the Price of Petrol

What is it with most men and the price of petrol. It's not just my hubby but my brothers also...they hate paying a penny too much for a litre of petrol. Today for instance my hubby relayed to me the exciting story of how he got a fill of diesel quite by accident (took a wrong turn) for €1.46 a litre...3 cent cheaper than he usually pays. I mentioned to him that the heating oil was delivered while he was out and it cost €700...he never batted an eyelid...lol

Originally posted by barefoot View Post
    What is it with most men and the price of petrol. It's not just my hubby but my brothers also...they hate paying a penny too much for a litre of petrol. Today for instance my hubby relayed to me the exciting story of how he got a fill of diesel quite by accident (took a wrong turn) for €1.46 a litre...3 cent cheaper than he usually pays. I mentioned to him that the heating oil was delivered while he was out and it cost €700...he never batted an eyelid...lol

lol.....I just fill up........I want to go somewhere....I go, the pump prices never bother me.......

when I can't afford it....I wont go...
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

I will admit I check the cost of petrol before I buy, I use an online price checker, but will not drive far to save a little.

Comment

I just fill up at a station that's on the side of the road I'm driving on...lol.

Comment

oh god im with you..this pissing around looking for cheap gas annoys the hell outa me..i realize im down on gas...first station i come to i stop....

my son in law texts home...cheap gas at such and such a station...and im going its going to take me friggin 30 mins to drive there..feck off..

men are daft ...thats all i can say...im sorta anti man right now lol..

Comment

Ladies will never understand, most men have an ongoing vendetta with the oil producers, and especially the tax man. Finding a low priced outlet is always a bonus.
            Yes I do high milage for my job, so I went so far last year, I had my car converted to LPG.
            I drive a 1.8 mazda 6, and on average I was getting 38 to 40 mpg.
            Now with LPG I'm getting the equivelant of 62 MPG
            Each time I fill up it brings a smile to my face.
            Old age and treachery will outdo youth and skill anyday

Comment

I usually know in advance when I will need fuel, do not do a lot of driving
              use www.pumps.ie to see what the prices are like, then get fuel at the closest place that is a good price, usually Emo James Street has a good price
              Maxol on the Navan Road also

Comment

I spent most of my life driving on the company's fuel......it came as a shock when I retired and had to pay for it myself......

I use about 50 pounds worth a week in the winter......quite a bit more in the summer....
                Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

I have cut down a lot on using the car since the cost of fuel went up so much and my income went down so much
                  In 2008 I remember being shocked when petrol got to 99c a litre
                  cost me about 50 euro to fill the tank, now it costs about 76 euro

Comment

And we are bitching at $ i.30 a liter. I remember when you could get a liter of diesel for peanuts,now it is more expensive than gas.These robbing baswards
                    of oil companies are squeezing our life's blood out of us.Never mind heating the house.The car is more important.I'm glad though that we are using natural gas for the house heating here in Canada.

Comment

I just syphon the stuff outta me next door neighbours cars. Feck buying de stuff
                      I'm a Freeborn Man of the Travellin' People

Comment

just last night I filled up $92, I didn`t look at the price, but I got a shock when I paid, it was $1.62 per litre, the next servo station about I km down the road was $ 1.43 or $1.45 [which I knew as I just passed it . I had shopping docket with a discount [4c per litre] ,I`ll open the eyes in future, a 70 litre tank is expensive to fill at those rates......jeezz I remember when it cost $20 to fill up here, I`m sure in the states it was much cheaper even then.
                        in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmo View Post
                          just last night I filled up $92, I didn`t look at the price, but I got a shock when I paid, it was $1.62 per litre, the next servo station about I km down the road was $ 1.43 or $1.45 [which I knew as I just passed it . I had shopping docket with a discount [4c per litre] ,I`ll open the eyes in future, a 70 litre tank is expensive to fill at those rates......jeezz I remember when it cost $20 to fill up here, I`m sure in the states it was much cheaper even then.
                          $1.52 this side of Aussie,,,4c less with a wooly's shopper docket
                          I'm a Freeborn Man of the Travellin' People

Comment

It's 1.62c a litre in Glasnevin.......driving to my mothers last weekend and a little petrol station near Harolds Cross Church was selling it at 1.48c a litre ...I filled up ...Happy Days
                            The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Originally posted by tommie View Post
                              $1.52 this side of Aussie,,,4c less with a wooly's shopper docket
                              Tommie,

I buy in this servo all the time , coles express, usually its the around the same price as the the other one [united] that's why I didn`t pay any attention to the price. I did ask the young indian girl , how`s it goin, are ye busy.. no she ses its been very quiet all day... I`m not surprised.
                              in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

Working...
                              X