Where did you live ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kellier View Post

Tony Richardson ?? If it was that Tony he used to make my mother one of his special Snowball cocktails

Apologies Kellier, I somehow managed to miss this post.
    Tony Richardson it was, he was my mothers brother.
    He worked in O'Sheas from his teens till retirement.
    'Their brother Gussie lived across the road in the red bricked houses.

Comment

Originally posted by DP Kilfo View Post
      Kilfenora road Kimmage ,Synge Street, Kirwan Street Cottages Stoneybatter ,Kilnamanagh Tallaght and finally IONA Naas. Spent 30 years working in Walkinstown and went for a walk every lunch time ,so kinda feel I adopted that part of D12...
      Very quintessential Dublin there DP , where is Iona in Naas ?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post

Very quintessential Dublin there DP , where is Iona in Naas ?
        I ona ? That came from my dublinise for I own it , mortgage free at last. Was going to say Journeys End but that's tempting fate..my dad's family were from Foley Street and my mam's were mcevoy from Finglas Town 1911 census,

Comment

Kilfenora road Kimmage ,Synge Street, Kirwan Street Cottages Stoneybatter ,Kilnamanagh Tallaght and finally IONA Naas. Spent 30 years working in Walkinstown and went for a walk every lunch time ,so kinda feel I adopted that part of D12...
          When Did you live in Synge St ....DP Kilfo ?
          The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Originally posted by dinny View Post

When Did you live in Synge St ....DP Kilfo ?
            Only a short while Nov 1979 until May 1982 ,one room flat on the corner Synge st/ Grantham street ,For years after around Xmas we would park in Harold's cross and walk into town just to go pass the old flat but I got clamped once and haven't gone that way in a good few years

Comment

Only a short while Nov 1979 until May 1982 ,one room flat on the corner Synge st/ Grantham street ,For years after around Xmas we would park in Harold's cross and walk into town just to go pass the old flat but I got clamped once and haven't gone that way in a good few years
              Hi DP ..It must have been on corner of Synge St /Grantham St that leads down to Pleasant's St .....because the opposite corner house facing the back of Synge st school ....was a family home and I knew the daughter and was in the house on a few occasions
              The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

I ona ? That came from my dublinise for I own it , mortgage free at last. Was going to say Journeys End but that's tempting fate..my dad's family were from Foley Street and my mam's were mcevoy from Finglas Town 1911 census,
                I remember going into the shop and paying my last
                Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dinny View Post

Hi DP ..It must have been on corner of Synge St /Grantham St that leads down to Pleasant's St .....because the opposite corner house facing the back of Synge st school ....was a family home and I knew the daughter and was in the house on a few occasions
                  Yes that's right number 16 Grantham Street only there a short while Nov 1979 to may 1980 not 1982 ,I say Synge Street only because it's better known. It's was great only 21 years old herself and myself close to everything could walk into town ,bedsits were brilliant and would make a hole in the housing list ,what do you think.
                  d

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post

I remember going into the shop and paying my last
                    Do you mean your last payment , some lender was giving mortgages up to age 80. read that in paper this week.Mad stuff if it wasn't so serious.

Comment

Do you mean your last payment , some lender was giving mortgages up to age 80. read that in paper this week.Mad stuff if it wasn't so serious.
                      Yes, it was

Comment

My Mrs has been watching programmes about Dublin drugs gangs..I have sat through one of them with her to tell her what lots of things that were said meant...

Comment

I was born in the old houses on Summerhilll Dublin. Moved to Gloucester Diamond. Then to Lr Gardiner Street. Harmonstown next then Ballymun. I lived in a few army barracks too

Comment

Last edited by Rashers5; 29-03-2024, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X