Settlers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quinner View Post

I think that has more to do with the severe Protestant sects, there are a few staunchly Unionist areas that were mainly settled by Welch people of the same beliefs...
    The lowlands of Scotland and Northern England embraced and grew Calvanism...Having no Bishops etc allowed their Priests to set up their own strict laws and I believe they tried to outdo each other with their fiery, ranting and raving sermons..

Scotland itself has disowned those settlers leaving it to London to carry all the burden...I have never met an Englishman that would be even remotely concerned if Northern Ireland as a separate entity from the rest of Ireland, disappeared..
    Yes , but try telling that crowd they are not wanted. They are not so much pro British, rather anti Irish. Always were and always be. They have a word for it in Ulster “ Thran “
    [/​

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post

Yes , but try telling that crowd they are not wanted. They are not so much pro British, rather anti Irish. Always were and always be. They have a word for it in Ulster “ Thran “
      [/​
      I spent a lot of time in the company of ''Ulstermen'' some of it was pleasant but a lot of it very unpleasant...I am sad the way the last of the so called ''troubles'' panned out. A very bewildered Westminster made mistake after mistake which led to the Nationalists misunderstanding what could have actually been achieved with a bit more patience...Far as I could see the Unionists were digging a big hole that they would eventually fall into.....But that is history and a new strategy is needed for the future..As a friend of mine from East Belfast said ''I have no interest in the UVF or the UDF etc, but I have to pretend I have''..Those days are gone and a future is in sight..So the most important thing now is for nothing to be said and let things happen at their own pace..IMO
      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Israel bombing Gaza is an ongoing crime against humanity

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers5 View Post
          Israel bombing Gaza is an ongoing crime against humanity
          Any person, country, organisation or otherwise who deliberately kills innocent civilians, commits a crime against humanity...
          I was born just before the end of the biggest killing spree in history...at least sixteen million Russian civilians they say...

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post

Any person, country, organisation or otherwise who deliberately kills innocent civilians, commits a crime against humanity...
            I was born just before the end of the biggest killing spree in history...at least sixteen million Russian civilians they say...
            I think there about 25 million Russians killed during WW 2 or are you referring to the about 20 million that Joe Stalin killed after the war.

Comment

Originally posted by ob1kenobi.23 View Post

I think there about 25 million Russians killed during WW 2 or are you referring to the about 20 million that Joe Stalin killed after the war.
              That 25 million figure includes Military dead....

Comment

Iran has fired a shit load of missiles & drones at Israel.
                Could cause things to get mrssy in thr region.

Comment

With all the information Iran gave Israel beforehand, it looks as if they were afraid to cause any damage

Comment

Just heard ..... dangerous times indeed

Comment

I didn't know the French, the Brits & the Yanks were going to help them to shoot a load of them down.

Comment

Working...
                      X