Small streets long streets. I think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small streets long streets. I think

I think the smallest street in Dublin is Canon St and the longest is Dorset Street. Tell me I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Rashers5; 28-03-2024, 04:04 PM.

Originally posted by Rashers5 View Post
    I think the smallest street in Dublin is Canon St and the longest is Dorset Street. Tell me I'm wrong.
    I believe canon Street is gone......

Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

I was talking to a Moroccan friend recently and he couldn’t understand how you could change the name of the street at each intersection. George’s street, Wexford Street Aungier Street Camden Street.

Comment

And throw in Bolton Street as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
          I was talking to a Moroccan friend recently and he couldn’t understand how you could change the name of the street at each intersection. George’s street, Wexford Street Aungier Street Camden Street.
          I think there was/is a Redmonds Hill along there? I lived in 42nd street in Khartoum...

Comment

Think I remember the big shop in Redmonds Hill with all the chickens, turkeys, rabbits and such like hanging outside...

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post

I think there was/is a Redmonds Hill along there? I lived in 42nd street in Khartoum...
              My uncle was born there I Redmond's Hill think it's part of Camden street

Comment

My uncle was born there I Redmond's Hill think it's part of Camden street
                Certainly is Rashers, not far from your granny...

Comment

Named after an illegitimate son of Charles 2..Grafton street at one time had up to 1,500 prostitutes doing business there..

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
                    Good point. Never thought of that like Summerhilll becomes Parnell Street on one end and Ballybough Rd on the other end.

Comment

Certainly is Rashers, not far from your granny...
                      You're right quinner. How did you know?

Comment

You're right quinner. How did you know?
                        I remember your granny was from Cross Kevin street...

Comment

I remember your granny was from Cross Kevin street...
                          Thats right. She was born in 7 ,Lr Kevin street. I said that when I was rashers. Wish I could get back my old name but I forget the password. Admin can you help? If like to get my post count back and my original username

Comment

Because Canon street is gone Preston Street off Amiens street might be the shortest street

Comment

Originally posted by john doran View Post
                              Because Canon street is gone Preston Street off Amiens street might be the shortest street
                              Canon street was always meant to go..When they built Patricks Park, the Iveagh Buildings, and Bride st Corpo flats they altered the line of the street to make it wider in the future....

Comment

Working...
                              X