• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Twobob View Post
    Kizzy ....?
    Best not, still got a cold sore 👄

Comment

• This must be the worst summer for sunshine ever....everyday nothing but continuous cloudy sky ...
      The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
        This must be the worst summer for sunshine ever....everyday nothing but continuous cloudy sky ...
        Warm though .... after that I wouldn't give a barney meself .

Comment

• Originally posted by Twobob View Post
          Warm though .... after that I wouldn't give a barney meself .
          Just about warm.....still a wind blowing

Comment

Just about warm.....still a wind blowing
            Stop moaning, man! As long as it's warm and dry.
            Getting very hot here. Was watching a program last night about the heatwave/drought of 1976. I was in Ireland 2 weeks of August that year, and I remember it being hot, but not unbearably so - did you also have the drought?

Comment

• Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
              Getting very hot here. Was watching a program last night about the heatwave/drought of 1976. I was in Ireland 2 weeks of August that year, and I remember it being hot, but not unbearably so - did you also have the drought?
              Yes we had ....water shortages , rivers drying up....only really good thing about the summer apart from the sun was Dublin beating Kerry in the All Ireland final

Comment

• The only time I remember being really hot that summer was on the way back from Tullamore, we got a coach instead of the train for some reason, and I remember being really hot and sticky on the coach and getting off somewhere to get a can of pop and "Don't Go Breaking My Heart" was on the radio. I don't remember the water shortages affecting us in either Ireland or England - we definitely never had a stand pipe though I do have a vague recollection about a maximum line in the bath.

Comment

• It was warm ...I remember endless days out in the sun ....and running back to the house and filling milk bottles up with water to drink.......and lying on the Canal bank at Portobello with my mates.....

Comment

• Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                    That year if memory serves me , down in Salthill for the August weekend , about 7 or 8 us teenagers , sitting on the rocks , tide in and scorching , 2 of us peeled off to the jocks and dived in , water lovely and mild ..... funny how little things stick in your head .

Comment

• Also don't remember the torrential rain and flash floods that apparently came afterwards......I was 13 so I should have more recollections.....I can't even blame alcohol lol

Comment

• Originally posted by joan mack View Post
                        Good Morning everyone warm but no sun. Off to a funeral of a very old friend. But I won't go to the afters I hate afters in a funeral
                        was your friend very old Joan or a friend for a very long time? sad when you say goodbye to a close friend

Comment

• Morning all

Comment

• Good Morning everyone very warm but no sun, Went to the Widows in Portmarnock last night and the food was great and so reasonable and the music was also great I will go there again, A great sing song and a four course meal cost twenty euro. All Cooked while we waited.

Breda my friend was an inspiration he was old 88 but still full of life he was thrilled Kilkenny won their match last week He was very sharp no brain malfunction and he walked his dog everyday. He just told his daughter he felt a bit queer and died then and there, He had just come back from a holiday in Bulgaria. But he was a constant presence in my life and I will miss him

Comment

Morning all
                              Morning Dinny ..

Comment

• Good morning all. Dull, overcast and muggy, today. Have a great weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X