Dublin in videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by quinner View Post

,8.000 Aussies Anzac.?.. ,,,,About 3.500 Irish.?...My grandfather was in the Munsters there...

A clerk in the Army Post office came up with ANZAC so they would get their letters together in one batch...
    I stand corrected Quinner but I remember being told as a kid by the previous generation that apart from the French & the British we had more killed than the Aussies & the Kiwis individually.

Comment

• After Gallopili I believe a lot of the Irish troops were sent to Salonika in Greece where they saw action against the Bulgarians...

There were also troops from French Indo China there as part of the French army....They were Ammanites from what is now the Southern part of Viet-Nam...
      Because there was not a lot of action there but a lot of Allied troops there.....The Kaiser called it the ''The biggest German POW camp ever
      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by quinner View Post
        After Gallopili I believe a lot of the Irish troops were sent to Salonika in Greece where they saw action against the Bulgarians...

There were also troops from French Indo China there as part of the French army....They were Ammanites from what is now the Southern part of Viet-Nam...
        Because there was not a lot of action there but a lot of Allied troops there.....The Kaiser called it the ''The biggest German POW camp ever
        Anamites? The French use to call Vietnam Annam, I seen old French photos of Vietnamese troops refer to them as Anamites. They came from all over Vietnam.

Comment

• Oh it really was true to life at that time.

I've really been enjoying those Dublin videos, Bo! They've inspired me to start a similar project capturing life in different cities. I've been using some pretty intuitive tools from movavi.com to put my videos together. They're super user-friendly and have made the editing process a breeze.

If you're curious to see how they turned out, check out my YouTube channel! I'd love to hear what you think and maybe exchange some video-making tips.
          Last edited by bloggo3; 15-04-2024, 12:52 PM.
          https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

Working...
          X