The never ending story returns.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The never ending story returns.

It was a popular thread some time ago, and all it takes is a wee bit of imagination, or in my case none. We have a cast of thousands here, well near enough. So I'll kick it off..anything goes..short and sweet or a bit longer.

He had set himself up on his soap box in Hyde park on a chilly September morning. He had come a fair distance to educate, well perhaps if not, surely to put accross his point (s) of view. He was looking very dapper in his striped suit and elegant cravat, he could easily been heading for a seat in the house of Lords. His long wavy grey hair was windswept, a result of not attaching his wig properly. It wasn't long before a small group had set themselves to listen. One of those said who are you by the way. He said I'll give you a few clues, I was born in Dublin, but left when I was young. At that the person said " you must be joking." Correct he said I am Joe quinn, he was a bit hard of hearing.

Ok then what are you going to tell us today.? Joe said I have put a box down beside my stand, and if you would can you take one and read it out. He did just that and read about why England should stop giving their sterling to Europe. The person asked..who is this Sterling chap.?
    today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Originally posted by silver spoon View Post
    It was a popular thread some time ago, and all it takes is a wee bit of imagination, or in my case none. We have a cast of thousands here, well near enough. So I'll kick it off..anything goes..short and sweet or a bit longer.

He had set himself up on his soap box in Hyde park on a chilly September morning. He had come a fair distance to educate, well perhaps if not, surely to put accross his point (s) of view. He was looking very dapper in his striped suit and elegant cravat, he could easily been heading for a seat in the house of Lords. His long wavy grey hair was windswept, a result of not attaching his wig properly. It wasn't long before a small group had set themselves to listen. One of those said who are you by the way. He said I'll give you a few clues, I was born in Dublin, but left when I was young. At that the person said " you must be joking." Correct he said I am Joe quinn, he was a bit hard of hearing.

Ok then what are you going to tell us today.? Joe said I have put a box down beside my stand, and if you would can you take one and read it out. He did just that and read about why England should stop giving their sterling to Europe. The person asked..who is this Sterling chap.?

well, said Q. this mister sterling is a sort of a modern day popeye, he loves olive oyl so much that he sends all his money to the eu........just to make sure the farmers who grow the olive trees are rich and happy....
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
      well, said Q. this mister sterling is a sort of a modern day popeye, he loves olive oyl so much that he sends all his money to the eu........just to make sure the farmers who grow the olive trees are rich and happy....
      Q, is a lover of all things european, for instance, spanish onions, german sausages, italian ice cream, hungarian goulash, danish pastry, belgium chocolate, swiss cheese, and of course, french knickers...

he is a great friend of mr sterling

Comment

A dark haired young woman had joined the large crowd of seven, she said it was all a bit greek to her. Q asked her, " may I ask your name ". She boldly replied, " I am lady Barnet." Hmm, and what are your views on child care, say?

Comment

Lady Barnet was a bit taken aback for a nano second, as she was not expecting to be asked for her opinion. Well! she said I am a modern woman and if children want to mind us fair play to them. Laughing she said, I have this friend MkM who it appears has the biggest child care centre in Toronto and they are all her own. She is as crazy as a two bob watch, and has had more adventures than..

Comment

all my OZ friends together, mind you the Oz economy must be falling thro the floor cos theyre all heading to dublin to spent their riches on fish and chips and guiness....Up pipes a voice at the back of the gathering crowd....and everyone looks over their shoulders to get a glimpse of the owner of the melodious voice..."im Silver" sez the voice and this is my good friend the captain sez he pointing to the mountain of a man beside him.....everyone gasped................and joe almost fell off his soap box.

Comment

They had been to London as the capt was desperate to try out for a part in the Wiggles, as Capt Feathersword, but he was not sharp enough in his delivery. spooner was there with his collection of cameras including his trusted handycam ready to upload the joy of the capt as he was plucked from obscurity to captivate the love of his life Pammy who was

Comment

crouching in the corner as she was having a Bad hair day and didn't want Joe quinn writing a poem about her ..well! not on on that day anywat ...Suddenly there was a very loud ...

Comment

what seemed like an explosion, people were spluttering and gasping for air except one man, yes it was Fitzy wearing a chesire cat grin, as he was so proud of his latest flatulence which

Comment

emitted from behind him with every step he took in a cloud of blue smoke...rashers always prepared for every eventuality had his gas mask ready but boxie was spluttering and snorting and turning blue trying to hold his breath.......jazus gasps cogs.

Comment

This crowd had really taken on a life force of it's own, so much so that Q was delighted and all excited at his first venture into the public forum. Why! he said surely there are some reporters around, then from the distance came a loud rumble getting to a crescendo as another crowd arrived. Voices were heard saying chanting and chanting even more. it was chairperson Womble who was screaming out at the top of her lungs the loudest, and she was very audible...say no to that bleeding tax and then

Comment

the crowd parted......being milled down by eileen draggin along this noisy bundle of kids and she had that gleam in her eye, she was on a mission.....she stopped right in front of Q's soap box, looked up at him murderously and screamed....

Comment

would ya ever get down outta that, the children are at home and they are out of control especially yer youngest Mai

Comment

of course people were upset.....q was wearing his....long live the eu teeshirt..with up the euro in big gold letters printed on the back......

quinner ambled off, walking southe down park lane, occasionally glancing up to his left...no doubt he could see his future, as a tenent in one of those penthouses.....

he walked all the way....past buckingham palace (slightly genuflecting as he passed buck house)...around to victoria station passing the irish embassy on the corner of cable street (he glance up at the embassy, slightly embarrassed)....and on down to vauxhall bridge road...........crossing the thames there, with the houses of parliament and the archbishops palace on his left......he began to feel that he was, at last...home...

Comment

until eileen caught up with him.......ya blooin git ya shes screaming at the top of her voice...you owe me 6 months child support...wheres me money....Q eyed all exits on the street, and finally settled on a laneway to the right, figuring eileen, the pram and the kids wouldnt make it down the cobblestones.........but there blocking his way was biddy, and he recognized her immediately because.

Comment

Working...
                              X