No announcement yet.

'Real-time' arrival screens to be placed at bus stops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riposte I don't think you can say that just because you drive a car you should not have an opinion about public transport. A lot of car users do not drive into town because of new speed limits,drink driving, congestion, and car parking charges along with the clampers.I used buses for a long time around Dublin city maybe not 60 years but long enough. I travelled to school 4 times a day from Crumlin and then when I started working I used them all the time.There have been improvements in the fact that if you go upstairs now you don't risk getting lung cancer from all the smoke. There are still waiting times but hopefully the bus corridors will help with this. What I do find now about using a bus is the constant chattering over your shoulder from someone using a mobile phone for practically the whole of the journey so I learned my lesson now and use earphones to listen to the radio. Regarding absenteeism the bus drivers get a certain amount of days that they are paid for when they are sick and I am sure a few ring in and use these if they are hungover as the will be in trouble if they are stopped. If there is no cover the bus will not go out.

Comment

Working...
    X