Names Mapped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Names Mapped

This site has mapped all the surnames from the 1901 and 1911 census on a map of Ireland. Might be useful to identify a family offshoot.

The site includes a map of the 1901 Scotland census too.

Great find napper

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
      This site has mapped all the surnames from the 1901 and 1911 census on a map of Ireland. Might be useful to identify a family offshoot.

I hope that you do not mind, Napper, I have shared this link on several Irish genealogy FB site. It has been welcomed with open arms, from the Irish or Irish decendants abroad.

Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Fantastic Napper, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bettyl View Post
          I hope that you do not mind, Napper, I have shared this link on several Irish genealogy FB site. It has been welcomed with open arms, from the Irish or Irish decendants abroad.

Thank you for sharing.
          No problem, I found it on Reddit were the site creator was trying to publicize his work so he will welcome your sharing Bettyl.

Comment

I inputted Geldof , none in 1901 , 4 in 1911. ( I

Comment

No problem, I found it on Reddit were the site creator was trying to publicize his work so he will welcome your sharing Bettyl.
              Just 3 responses to my sharing.

Richard Reeder
              Thank you for sharing this, I am so looking forward to doing my research.
              Kathleen Sempek
              Thank you. This is so good to have, and it's just fun to use too. Using the * as suggested at the top of the search is the way to go to get all the variations. But just entering some variations separately might give a better idea of how many you might be dealing with and need to wade through. I found some huge differences in a name doing that.
              Mary Donaghy
              A great resource, thank you so much for sharing this.

Comment

Working...
              X