To order a DNA TEST.. yes or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To order a DNA TEST.. yes or no?

A question from someone who has reason to ask.

Originally posted by missing View Post
    a question from someone who has reason to ask.
    i would definitely recommend it.

Comment

If it can help find whoever is missing, then it is worth doing

Comment

Taking a DNA test will only assist if, those that you are looking to match with, have also taken a test and uploaded it to GEDMATCH or any other DNA registry.

Comment

I found it useful to confirm relationships I had paper records for. It also threw up matches in the UK who, on investigation turned out to be from a previously unknown (to me) brother of my 2x great grandfather. I found it well worth doing.

Comment

Originally posted by dublin1850 View Post
            I found it useful to confirm relationships I had paper records for. It also threw up matches in the UK who, on investigation turned out to be from a previously unknown (to me) brother of my 2x great grandfather. I found it well worth doing.
            It’s great when that happens. Imagine all the skeletons in the cupboards in this country.

Comment

My Grandson took a DNA test, it said he is 70% Irish.....His Grandmother is 50% Irish, his Father is English so I thought it should be the other way around...
              Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post

It’s great when that happens. Imagine all the skeletons in the cupboards in this country.
                Even worse if you lived in places were armies had passed through. Rape is a common weapon of war.

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post

Even worse if you lived in places were armies had passed through. Rape is a common weapon of war.
                  I did a DNA test about 8 years ago. About 90% Irish/ British 7% Viking and the weirdest of all 5% Amazonian. Where did that come from !

Comment

I did a DNA test about 8 years ago. About 90% Irish/ British 7% Viking and the weirdest of all 5% Amazonian. Where did that come from !
                    Bezos .... ?

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post

Bezos .... ?
                      Will you get a discount from Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post

Bezos .... ?
                        Eh no, the big river I presume. Reminds me of the story, not sure if it’s true,, a girl was asked in a quiz , what happened in Dallas in November 1963 she replied “ don’t know, I wasn’t watching it then

Comment

Good afternoon all. I have a throat infection which has gone down on my chest. So I am using my inhaler all the time. The antibiotics kicked in today so while the throat is still sore, I can swallow without it feeling like I am swallowing bits of glass. There is a bug on the go. I hope none of you get it, it is really nasty

Comment

Eh no, the big river I presume. Reminds me of the story, not sure if it’s true,, a girl was asked in a quiz , what happened in Dallas in November 1963 she replied “ don’t know, I wasn’t watching it then
                            Lol..... not to sure on this one either , was supposedly on the ' Just a minute quiz ' ...... ' What's Fleet St famous for ' ? ..... Head offices of the E.S.B.

Comment

Working...
                            X