This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by archangel View Post
    I have been stuck on finding a Marriage cert Between William Morris, and Esther Farrell, Esther was born 1826 died 1897, Loads of William Morris but need a wedding to match them up, i would love to get some help on this, I cannot find anything on "Irish Genealogy.ie"
    Just noticed that the Baptism for the kids are all in St nicholas...I have emailed them a few times...think the ladys name is sarah....she was really helpful.....email is on their website

They are mentioned on 3 marriages for 3 of their children....all Harrington street.....do you know the first child that was born? You may have tried https://registers.nli.ie/ if not try Harrington street....think marriages start from 1868.....I am on ancestry if you want me to look there...

Comment

• I have all 6 of their children Margaret-Anne B 1859, Joseph Patrick B 1857, Maria B 1855, Martha B 1853, Elizabeth-Mary B 1851, and William B 1846. The info I am looking for It Esther's Husband , William, There are loads of William's but i cannot match them up to Esther, that is why i need a wedding cert. thanks for your help, I have the weddings and Children of her kids
      Last edited by archangel; 12-02-2019, 06:50 PM.

Comment

I have all 6 of their children Margaret-Anne B 1859, Joseph Patrick B 1857, Maria B 1855, Martha B 1853, Elizabeth-Mary B 1851, and William B 1846. The info I am looking for It Esther's Husband , William, There are loads of William's but i cannot match them up to Esther, that is why i need a wedding cert. thanks for your help, I have the weddings and Children of her kids
        At least the name is not a common one...it helps....if i come across anything will let you know

Comment

I have been stuck on finding a Marriage cert Between William Morris, and Esther Farrell, Esther was born 1826 died 1897, Loads of William Morris but need a wedding to match them up, i would love to get some help on this, I cannot find anything on "Irish Genealogy.ie"

Have you tried Irish Genealogy Brickwalls on facebook it's a great forum

Comment

• Sounds a good idea, Betty, will look it up,

Comment

• if you are on fb ...this has helped me loads

IGP's County Dublin Ireland Genealogy Group
              its a closed group so you have to join

Comment

• Thoms Dublin street directory for 1969

Comment

• Thoms for 1971. You can get to a page quicker by changing the page number at the end of the url

Comment

• Link to Deans Grange & Shanganagh cemetery records. You will need to register to get extra information. There are lots of cemetery records from other counties and countries on the site. Best of all its completely free.

Comment

• The Irishgenealogy site has released more records online

Births Marriage and Deaths
                      See attachment for updated years

The site is slightly slow at the moment ...

This Irish Government supported, official web site, is dedicated to helping you in your search for records of family history for past generations.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• I had a look at it as i wanted to check a 1917 birth and it was slow but it worked ok

Comment

• Just curious

My mother in law always said she was born in Breffers Street

This caused some confusion when I was writing up the family history as I was thinking Beresford or Brabazon street etc as a match
                          The mother in law had passed away by then so no info there

but I was able to find out its real name through certs and the Census and If anyone is stuck on the same name i,ll be posting it in next post
                          ------
                          Does anyone know of it ( breffers)...
                          ( in particular why the Breffers name.. which was connected in some way to the French Hugeneots who settled in the area as weavers etc)
                          Thanks
                          Last edited by john doran; 30-06-2019, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by john doran View Post
                            Just curious

My mother in law always said she was born in Breffers Street

This caused some confusion when I was writing up the family history as I was thinking Beresford or Brabazon street etc as a match
                            The mother in law had passed away by then so no info there

but I was able to find out its real name through certs and the Census and If anyone is stuck on the same name i,ll be posting it in next post
                            ------
                            Does anyone know of it ( breffers)...
                            ( in particular why the Breffers name.. which was connected in some way to the French Hugeneots who settled in the area as weavers etc)
                            Thanks
                            The real name for "Breffers street" was Braithwaite Street but locals always called it Breffers

Comment

• I know nothing of the Breffers but i know Braithwaite Street, i was in it last year and it was all blocks of flats on one side and i think just one building on the other side a pub

Comment

• Kellier
                                Thanks for that on the Braithwaite info
                                --------
                                It's the Breffers reference thats puzzling.....am hoping to get its meaning
                                I asked some French people about it...zilch

It must be an expression from that area of Dublin
                                ps
                                Here is a photo of Poole street showing what Braithwaite street used to look like

They had the same type of buildings and that is Braithwaite street at the bottom of the photo going across Poole street
                                The wife's grandmother was born on Poole Street and moved a few yards away to Braithwaite street when she married
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X