surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get well soon Ray

Former England captain Ray Wilkins is in a critical condition in a London hospital following a heart attack.

"Ray Wilkins is currently being treated at St George's Hospital, and his condition is critical," the hospital said on its official twitter feed on Saturday.

"His family have asked for privacy at this time, and we are tweeting this update with their agreement."

His wife was quoted as saying he had suffered a cardiac arrest and had to be put in an induced coma.

The 61 year-old Wilkins won 84 caps for England between 1976 and 1986.

He played more than 150 times for each of Chelsea, Manchester United and Queen's Park Rangers, with shorter spells abroad for AC Milan and Paris Saint-Germain.

In a 20-year coaching career he was manager of QPR, Fulham and the Jordan national team, and assistant manager in two spells at Chelsea.

Ray's wife, Jackie, told the Mirror newspaper: "He's in hospital, he's had a cardiac arrest and is in intensive care.

"He's not in a good state at all, I'm afraid. He's critically ill.

"The cardiac arrest led to a fall which has meant he's had to be put in an induced come. It's very, very bad."

Wilkins had carried out media duties on Talksport and Sky Sports - he is a regular on both platforms - shortly before.
    The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• Poor man, I hope he recovers soon

Comment

• poor guy..i hope he pulls thro ok..i was in that induced coma too after one cardiac arrest...they cool your body on ice and induce the coma its to preserve brain cells...he must have been in the arrest for a while...god love him..

Comment

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
          Get well soon Ray

Former England captain Ray Wilkins is in a critical condition in a London hospital following a heart attack.

"Ray Wilkins is currently being treated at St George's Hospital, and his condition is critical," the hospital said on its official twitter feed on Saturday.

"His family have asked for privacy at this time, and we are tweeting this update with their agreement."

His wife was quoted as saying he had suffered a cardiac arrest and had to be put in an induced coma.

The 61 year-old Wilkins won 84 caps for England between 1976 and 1986.

He played more than 150 times for each of Chelsea, Manchester United and Queen's Park Rangers, with shorter spells abroad for AC Milan and Paris Saint-Germain.

In a 20-year coaching career he was manager of QPR, Fulham and the Jordan national team, and assistant manager in two spells at Chelsea.

Ray's wife, Jackie, told the Mirror newspaper: "He's in hospital, he's had a cardiac arrest and is in intensive care.

"He's not in a good state at all, I'm afraid. He's critically ill.

"The cardiac arrest led to a fall which has meant he's had to be put in an induced come. It's very, very bad."

Wilkins had carried out media duties on Talksport and Sky Sports - he is a regular on both platforms - shortly before.

Former England footballer Ray Wilkins has died after suffering a cardiac arrest at the weekend.

A statement from the 61-year-old's family confirmed that he died this morning.

They thanked staff at St George's Hospital in southwest London where the star had been in a critical condition since the weekend.

Comment

• poor guy...may he rest in peace

Comment

• Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
              poor guy...may he rest in peace
              Amen to that Helen

Comment

• I had a lump taken off my face last week with surgery . 25 minutes in and out .
                this real money slots or not

Comment

• Originally posted by Renata View Post
                  I had a lump taken off my face last week with surgery . 25 minutes in and out .
                  I hope it went well,best of luck.

Comment

Hope you got the all clear Renata.....welcome to the forum

Comment

• that was fast Renata...good luck...and welcome to the forum

Comment

Welcome Renata; Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Comment

• so alls quiet on this thread...which is great..it means were all healthy and busy lol.....im particularly happy cos lupus has taken what i hope is a long bloomin holiday....and my foot is almost better...I was a bit pissed off cos i recently heard instead of 3 years left with my icd i have 3 months or maybe less..and it might involve a change out on leads which appear to be compromised....anyways im over my pity party and accepted its going to have to happen.....but im hoping i wont hear of a surgery date for a while cos it doesnt appear to be as urgent as they first thought.....so looking forward to the summer....provided winter ever leaves that is lol

Comment

• well ive learned something interesting today..."keep your bloomin trap shut helen"

just after id typed this..the phone rang...and i got called in for an urgent round of 12 hr testing at the cardiac clinic tomorrow..i lied and said i was unavailable lol..but now im there Monday anyways...oh the joys of being 38.....and i cant smoke for 12 hrs before the test and have coffee for 24hrs...i might just die with these restrictions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                              well ive learned something interesting today..."keep your bloomin trap shut helen"

just after id typed this..the phone rang...and i got called in for an urgent round of 12 hr testing at the cardiac clinic tomorrow..i lied and said i was unavailable lol..but now im there Monday anyways...oh the joys of being 38.....and i cant smoke for 12 hrs before the test and have coffee for 24hrs...i might just die with these restrictions.
                              I think I had that test a few weeks ago, I think they are testing the flow of blood in your heart muscles and capillaries etc..the caffine would upset the results. sure you'll be fine.
                              in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

• Originally posted by cosmo View Post
                                I think I had that test a few weeks ago, I think they are testing the flow of blood in your heart muscles and capillaries etc..the caffine would upset the results. sure you'll be fine.
                                Helen the very best of luck with the test, I hope everything is fine

Comment

Working...
                                X