Does Older = Colder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Older = Colder?

Not really a health issue, more of an annoyance ! I've discovered in recent years that I'm feeling the cold a lot more, particularly at night. I'm sharing a room with my daughter at the moment, and last night - the first cold-ish one of the year - she was fine with the same light duvet she's had on all summer, whereas I had to put an extra one on and still couldn't get warm for a while! Anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

Up and out ... get the juices flowing .

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
      Not really a health issue, more of an annoyance ! I've discovered in recent years that I'm feeling the cold a lot more, particularly at night. I'm sharing a room with my daughter at the moment, and last night - the first cold-ish one of the year - she was fine with the same light duvet she's had on all summer, whereas I had to put an extra one on and still couldn't get warm for a while! Anyone else noticed this or is it just me?
      Yes Katie, I am in the same position. My mother used to say that as you get older your feel the cold more because of your age you are no longer running all around the place. I don't know if she was right re the reason. But I am definitely colder than I used to be. I must say I find it irritating sometimes when people say to me "you could not possibly be cold" just because they are warm.

Comment

Thank God has not hit me yet I still kick off the one light duvet and I rarely wear a coat, Hate to be too warm

Comment

Well I'm only 57 so maybe I'm prematurely aging!
          I don't think it's lack of "running around" Vico because I'm more active now than I was 20 years ago and in fact I've spent the last week having a cleaning blitz getting the house ready to put on the market so I was up and down the ladder cleaning windows, picture rails etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
            Up and out ... get the juices flowing .
            In the middle of the night?

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
              In the middle of the night?
              Have the place to yourself ...... sleepwalk/run in peace .

Comment

Don't know about London but it's 0 to -2 in Ireland tonight. That's cold no matter what age you are.
                Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
                  Don't know about London but it's 0 to -2 in Ireland tonight. That's cold no matter what age you are.
                  Crikey! It's nowhere near that here. I only recently discovered the Irish climate is generally colder than ours and you guys rarely if ever see the high temperatures we sometimes get in the UK in summer.

Comment

I have always been cold, ever since I can remember, would sit in front of the fire if I could, if I feel too warm then I am sick!
                    Now in my old age I feel the cold even more. I can not sleep if I am cold so will always have a winter duvet and hot water bottle.

Comment

Cold last night too.

Here ye go...

Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
                        Cold last night too.

Here ye go...

Thanks Cogs, they'll keep me nice and toasty.

Comment

And I've found an outfit for Bigby, too
                          Attached Files

Comment

yep that sums me up now and another layer in winter

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
                              yep that sums me up now and another layer in winter
                              Probably Covid -proof, too!

Comment

Working...
                              X