Taking your shoes off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking your shoes off.

Have you ever been asked to take off your shoes when visiting someone’s house, or do you ask your own visitors to take theirs off ?

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
    Have you ever been asked to take off your shoes when visiting someone’s house, or do you ask your own visitors to take theirs off ?
    My next door neighbours take off their shoes in the porch before they enter the house......don't know if they expect people entering the house to do the same.......I have been asked to take off my shoes entering a home on a few occasions mostly abroad and only once in Ireland as far as I recall
    The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Originally posted by dinny View Post
      My next door neighbours take off their shoes in the porch before they enter the house......don't know if they expect people entering the house to do the same.......I have been asked to take off my shoes entering a home on a few occasions mostly abroad and only once in Ireland as far as I recall
      Yes , very similar experience. Once or twice in Ireland, a few times in England.

Comment

I never ask anyone to take their shoes off but my son and daughter in law take off their shoes in their hall, so the grand children take theirs off when the come in my front door.
        I have never been asked to take my shoes off but one house I was in, a person in the house complained that I walked wet in on my shoes and I should not have done, I was staying for a weekend so went to penneys and bought slipper socks

Comment

Was asked once , wouldn't ask others when they come in .

Had the floor done few months back ........ slowly I'm starting to kick my own off in the hall when I come in
          Last edited by Twobob; 26-01-2021, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Always expected in Canada, They say stuff sprayed on the roads during snowstorms rots the flooring and carpets. Got quite used to it. Never asked in Ireland

Comment

One of the times I was asked in Ireland, the house owners had provided a load of old slippers for visitors in the porch. I can still remember the disgusting feel of them to this day

Comment

One of the times I was asked in Ireland, the house owners had provided a load of old slippers for visitors in the porch. I can still remember the disgusting feel of them to this day
                Not a bleedin hope would I have put them on Bo ........ not on your nelly .

Comment

I would not put on anyone's old used slippers, to even offer them to someone is so rude, slipper type socks are not that expensive to keep if you want people to take off their shoes or ask them before they come to the house to bring their own, my floors are wooden so easy to wash when people are gone.

If I knew before I went to a house that the owners wanted me not to wear outside shoes inside their house, then I would bring my own slipper socks

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
                    Not a bleedin hope would I have put them on Bo ........ not on your nelly .
                    I know , I was just being polite.

Comment

I know , I was just being polite.
                      And still living with the phycological damage ...... .

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
                        And still living with the phycological damage ...... .
                        They were cold with dry sweat in them.

Comment

My son was working in Sweden a couple of years ago and he said it was treated like an insult if you walked into anyone’s house with your shoes on.

Comment

Originally posted by rasher View Post
                            My son was working in Sweden a couple of years ago and he said it was treated like an insult if you walked into anyone’s house with your shoes on.
                            It is not that uncommon Rashers. It was done a lot when I was growing up with a view to keeping the floors clean. You would often see a porch full of shoes. I never did it myself, but I used to have a meditation room in my last house and I would not allow anybody in there with their shoes on. They had the option of not going in there, but for some reason people seemed very curious about a meditation room. I don't know what they expected to see there

Comment

Its very South East Asia, mainly to keep the dirty out from floors and mats In countries like Japan and Korea they use to kneel a lot or make a bed up on the floor so you don't want dirty shoes traipsing through the house.

Comment

Working...
                              X