No announcement yet.

Auschwitz Freed 76 Years Ago Today ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auschwitz Freed 76 Years Ago Today ...

I actually have the Symphony No. 3 on CD at home.....Beautiful
    The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

What happened is heart breaking when you think about it

Comment

Ts

Originally posted by dinny View Post
        I actually have the Symphony No. 3 on CD at home.....Beautiful
        I remember in 1960 my new wife and I moved into a house divided into apartments We lived on the ground a very nice Polish lady lived upstairs with her two daughters She told us about her whole family being exterminated by the Russians because they were of the professional class She and her brother joined the Polish underground army a when she was fifteen she was arrested in a train marshalling yard changing tickets on goods wagons when she arrived at Auschwitz the orchestra was playing at the gate Zorcha was a political prisoner and not Jewish She said there were many camps and they suffered terrible beatings for the smallest mistake and they were on starvation rations But she Jews were treated much worse

I met many holocaust survivors later on through my boss who was a Russian Jew

Comment

The 1st post is the entrance to Birkenau .... was there 3 yrs back .

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
            The 1st post is the entrance to Birkenau .... was there 3 yrs back .
            I have been in the vicinity a few times and was tempted but decided against it Because I have had Jewish friends over my life who told me the horror stories and I saw how it had effected them I did not want to go

Comment

Was there six or seven years ago.... I was glad I made the visit but wouldn't be in any hurry to go back.
              Everything is self-evident.

Comment

It was horrific what happened there does anyone know why Hitler picked on the Jews

Comment

Rasher I don't know if this is correct, but somebody told me that when Hitler took over a lot of the financial institutions were run by jews and various industries. Hitler believed that the jews had Germany tied up financially and were ruining the country and that is when it began. But as I say I don't know if that information is correct or not.

Comment

The Nazis didn't invent antisemitism, it had been around different parts of Europe for centuries with religious and sometimes political overtones. What made Hitler and his accomplices so deadly was the introduction of ideas of racial purity initially into theory - and then into practice, with catastrophic results for the Jewish population of Europe.
                    Last edited by cogito; 04-09-2022, 01:17 PM.
                    Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
                      The Nazis didn't invent antisemitism, it had been around different parts of Europe for centuries with religious and sometimes political overtones. What made Hitler and his accomplices so deadly was the introduction of ideas of racial purity initially into theory - and then into practice, with catastrophic results for the Jewish population of Europe.
                      Heard about this recently.

Comment

Working...
                      X