Margaret Thatcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quinner View Post
    keep away from Beachy Head...Please....The place is overrun with tourists taking advantage of the ''cheap pound'''

PS, what ''Typo'' things keep you happy these days....?

We were going out shopping for avacado's but I have to wait for Kath to stop crying......I told her not the read the Banks of Englands report but she never listens to me...And to make matters worse.....The centre has fell out of her pound coin....
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

keep away from Beachy Head...Please....The place is overrun with tourists taking advantage of the ''cheap pound''' PS, what ''Typo'' things keep you happy these days....?
      Ony deze wans . http://www.dublinforum.net/forum/sho...0&postcount=76
      We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

We were going out shopping for avacado's but I have to wait for Kath to stop crying......I told her not the read the Banks of Englands report but she never listens to me...And to make matters worse.....The centre has fell out of her pound coin....
        Ahh yer ava 'n a laugh.

Comment

Aww Gawd !!!! For once and for all.....

A smashing book came out in 1993 called The Downing Street Years.
          I picked it up ten years later secondhand....for £1.49....halfway down page 179 it reads as follows:

At this dark moment comedy intervened. The Chief of the Naval Staff, Sir Henry Leach was in civilian dress, and on his way to the meeting had been detained by the police in the Central Lobby of the House of Commons. He had to be rescued by a whip.

When he finally arrived, I asked him what we could do. He was quiet, calm and confident: "I can put together a Task Force of destroyers, frigates, landing craft, support vessels. It will be led by the aircraft carriers HMS Hermes and HMS Invincible. It can be ready to leave in forty- eight hours". He believed such a force could retake the islands. All he needed was my authority to begin to assemble it. I gave it him, and he left immediately to set the work in hand.

Her say so....not her order......it's all here....a good read too

Last edited by DAMNTHEWEATHER; 13-05-2017, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
            Aww Gawd !!!! For once and for all.....

A smashing book came out in 1993 called The Downing Street Years.
            I picked it up ten years later secondhand....for £1.49....halfway down page 179 it reads as follows:

At this dark moment comedy intervened. The Chief of the Naval Staff, Sir Henry Leach was in civilian dress, and on his way to the meeting had been detained by the police in the Central Lobby of the House of Commons. He had to be rescued by a whip.

When he finally arrived, I asked him what we could do. He was quiet, calm and confident: "I can put together a Task Force of destroyers, frigates, landing craft, support vessels. It will be led by the aircraft carriers HMS Hermes and HMS Invincible. It can be ready to leave in forty- eight hours". He believed such a force could retake the islands. All he needed was my authority to begin to assemble it. I gave it him, and he left immediately to set the work in hand.

Her say so....not her order......it's all here....a good read too

http://www.margaretthatcher.org/spee...p?docid=109110
            He went there on her orders.....

Dear Maggie, please let me go
            you can trust me, cos' I a am pro
            but, your orders I need
            so as I can proceed
            all intelligent people all know

Comment

He went there on her advice.....I agree with you DTW....you were right all along.

Dear Maggie, please let me go
              you can trust me, cos' I a am pro
              but, your say so I need
              so as I can proceed
              all intelligent people all know
              Glad it's finally soaked in...

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                Glad it's finally soaked in...
                Of course....She gave him the order to go as she outranks him....and every every other service person....

And HE knew that.....Though it seems not a lot of sailors did.......

Comment

Of course....She gave him the order to go as she outranks him....and every every other service person....And HE knew that.....Though it seems not a lot of sailors did.......
                  Nor pongos....pongos are a bit blind....here an there.

Comment

Working...
                  X