Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well hes in....the whole experience has taken 2 years of our lives....we just gotta wait and see what happens...but for me anyways something positive came out of this in recent weeks...ive stopped being a newsaholic

Comment

• Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
      well hes in....the whole experience has taken 2 years of our lives....we just gotta wait and see what happens...but for me anyways something positive came out of this in recent weeks...ive stopped being a newsaholic
      You might want not to mention anything political when going to the US anytime soon....

After telling border agents their plans to march, group’s cars were searched and phones examined, and each person was fingerprinted and had their photo taken

Comment

• Well, I'm probably not going to make any friends here saying this but I think it's inappropriate for people from other countries to come protest a transfer of power.

Comment

• I think your right Eileen......and although I don't have any time for Trump....he was elected as president of America .....and people will have to get used to it.....can't believe the Democrats protesting against a man elected democratically.......
          The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eileen View Post
            Well, I'm probably not going to make any friends here saying this but I think it's inappropriate for people from other countries to come protest a transfer of power.
            No man has a right to protest in another mans country,and no man has a right to carry a gun in another mans country.

Comment

• I agree eileen & rasher..Im sad these protests are even necessary though..
              we will be heading down south soon napper, but like all times weve visited over the years.....were heading down to relax, have fun hopefully get some sun and mind our own business regarding the political situation, as my ma used say..."people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones..." and we will be guests in the country

Comment

• Enjoy your trip MK

Comment

• Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                  I agree eileen & rasher..Im sad these protests are even necessary though..
                  we will be heading down south soon napper, but like all times weve visited over the years.....were heading down to relax, have fun hopefully get some sun and mind our own business regarding the political situation, as my ma used say..."people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones..." and we will be guests in the country
                  There was a fellow on the BBC today from Canada, apparently going to be the Canadian Trump,get Canada house back in order. O'Leary I think was his name, running for the leadership of the Conservatives, has he a chance?

Comment

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
                    I think your right Eileen......and although I don't have any time for Trump....he was elected as president of America .....and people will have to get used to it.....can't believe the Democrats protesting against a man elected democratically.......
                    I'm not overly concerned with those who chose to peacefully protest. It's their right, although he was legally elected and so it's kind of a mute point really. I have thoughts about the electoral college, but I understand it's purpose. Some people are just worried and feel they need to make their voices heard. I'm fine with that. I am not fine with the idiots who kept people from making it onto the mall to see the swearing in, or those who were violent - but they were the minority.

Comment

• Originally posted by rasher View Post
                      No man has a right to protest in another mans country,and no man has a right to carry a gun in another mans country.
                      I agree with the first part rasher - the second part I would caveat with depending on whether they were asked or extreme atrocities were being committed. I'm all for minding ones own business.

Comment

• This thread's been running for a year and a half with nearly 1,400 posts... it dates back to when Trump was considering running for election. He's in now - and will be the topic of much discussion, no doubt. Would anyone object to us locking this thread and allowing new ones on specific and related topics to take off ?
                        Everything is self-evident.

Comment

• No objection at all Cogs, go right ahead

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                            No objection at all Cogs, go right ahead
                            I'll wait and see if there's any naysayers first - will probably do similar on the old Brexit threads...
                            Everything is self-evident.

Comment

• I object

Comment

• actually i don't lol.......

Comment

Working...
                                X