Murder Over New Post Brexit Passports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dinny View Post
    I must be living in another country because I certainly haven't witnessed any anti-Brit atmosphere amongst the general public in Dublin .....only people moaning is certain politicians and some businesses that export to UK...
    I'm with you on this one Din...and so were 95% of the population in 2011.

Ninety-five per cent of those polled said they thought the Queen had won the hearts of the Irish people.

Even those who admitted to having no great interest in her prior to the visit said they were won over by her exemplary attitude and the warmth she displayed throughout her stay here.

"I'm a republican who voted Sinn Fein and I would say yes, most certainly, she won the hearts of the Irish people," one male respondent said. Those polled were struck by how relaxed she appeared to be and were touched by her use of the Irish language and the humility shown on her visits to revered nationalist sites, such as the Garden of Remembrance and Croke Park.

"It was a great moment for this country when the Queen addressed our nation in Irish at the opening of her speech, really wonderful," one female respondent said.
    We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
      Bo did say 'among' - those who were aware of the implications of Brexit for the Irish border and the GFA can exclude themselves.

And the recent evidence from statements by senior Tory figures like Boris and Rees-Mogg indicates that nothing has changed since the referendum.

Edwina Currey was on our national airwaves earlier this week blathering on about how the 'EU should butt out' and leave these minor matters for the Brits and the Irish to sort out on the ground... listeners to the program were incredulous. She's a so called 'moderate'.
      Aul Edwina's thin skinned me thinks , heard that interview .

Comment

Okay, okay, I'm being over-sensitive, maybe a little paranoid. I can't give examples - it's more of a vibe I'm getting (maybe more paranoia). Maybe the tone of the posts on here, I don't know. Just the way "British" now seems to be synonymous with "Brexit" when most people I've come into contact with since the refererendum have been against it -it's almost like there's two countries, the one I know and the one I read about in the media, and unfortunately that's
        the one that's getting all the attention abroad.

Comment

Bo did say 'among' - those who were aware of the implications of Brexit for the Irish border and the GFA can exclude themselves.
          That's right....

And the recent evidence from statements by senior Tory figures like Boris and Rees-Mogg indicates that nothing has changed since the referendum.
          Both a paira eejitz on either side of the fence...both supercilious superiority complexed upper crust tossers.

Edwina Currey was on our national airwaves earlier this week blathering on about how the 'EU should butt out' and leave these minor matters for the Brits and the Irish to sort out on the ground... listeners to the program were incredulous. She's a so called 'moderate'.
          jayziz who'd be payin any attention to that oil bag...of a prime minister shagger...who can't tell a good egg from a bad wan...another up her own ass eejit.

Comment

Well we all know Edwina is one egg short of a half-dozen. I wouldn't set much stock by what she says.

Comment

@dtw......never knew that about Dev and NI.......what's that all about?

Comment

[QUOTE]
                Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                Okay, okay, I'm being over-sensitive,
                We're all guilty from time to time.... I mean lukka Bo (lol)

maybe a little paranoid.
                I wouldn't dare say that about you.

I can't give examples - it's more of a vibe I'm getting (maybe more paranoia).
                Well at least yer big enough to admit it...thanks for that.

Maybe the tone of the posts on here, I don't know. Just the way "British" now seems to be synonymous with "Brexit" when most people I've come into contact with since the referendum have been against it
                It might simply be a touch of the inferiority complex disease...Maybe you feel - and rightly so - that where the country could stand proud with the best and have a big say at the tables of power....that perhaps now the place is in turmoil (which it is) and doesn't quite feel as sound as it was.

-it's almost like there's two countries, the one I know and the one I read about in the media, and unfortunately that's
                That's it...nail on the head....turmoil and indecision coupled with uncertainty in every corner of the country....might be playing a bit into any otherwise buried inferiority complex susceptibility.....and dare anyone say a word about it !!!!

Yeah....I get that....it's all normal imo.....Feel abit the same meself at times

Comment

So the general public of Britain - which includes me- is "ignorant and indifferent" - bit of a sweeping statement! I wouldn't make such an insulting generalisation about the Irish.
                  Katie , I come across loads of British people every day , on appearance their just ordinary people , I say on appearance as I don't know them on a personal basis , but I wouldn't have a bad word to say against them ...........now , in saying that , there is always the exception to the rule , as in everywhere .

Comment

@dtw......never knew that about Dev and NI.......what's that all about?
                    Churchill offered it to him twice during the war for use of facilities and other favours....Dev the dopey tnuc...turned it down out of pride and not wanting to be seen to have anything to do with those tyrant Brits....

The feckin dopy eejit only went and helped them - hugely - anyway - hugely - so huge that it was the best kept secret of the WW2....He helped them big time with all sorts too long to say in this post...but the eejit did....

and in public banged on about getting the North back for the people...

That AH caused the Irish so much grief and money and get up and go it is unbelievable how on this planet he was ever allowed to hoodwink the nation for his entire very long life......Death aged 92 - 1975.

Comment

If I'm honest I'm very confused and divided over my sense of "Britishness" and "British identity". I have no time for "Special Relationships", "Making Britain Great again", jingoism and empires and the last night at the Proms makes me heave. And you know my feelings on the monarchy so I won't go into that. I also hate bigotry and narrow-mindedness and I'm aware there's an awful lot of that around in Britain as a whole. But I'm a bit like a black/Irish/Jewish comedian who's allowed to make black/Irish/Jewish jokes - I can criticise Britain but God help anyone else who does! In short, I'm a bloody hypocrite!

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
                        Aul Edwina's thin skinned me thinks , heard that interview .
                        And an adultress.... jayziz oul John Major musta had some guts te turn in with that....can you just visualize what it was like in that hotel room on those ribald occasions....perish the feggin thought
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                          Churchill offered it to him twice during the war for use of facilities and other favours....Dev the dopey tnuc...turned it down out of pride and not wanting to be seen to have anything to do with those tyrant Brits....

The feckin dopy eejit only went and helped them - hugely - anyway - hugely - so huge that it was the best kept secret of the WW2....He helped them big time with all sorts too long to say in this post...but the eejit did....

and in public banged on about getting the North back for the people...

That AH caused the Irish so much grief and money and get up and go it is unbelievable how on this planet he was ever allowed to hoodwink the nation for his entire very long life......Death aged 92 - 1975.
                          I didn't know all that. Interesting........

Comment

Okay, okay, I'm being over-sensitive, maybe a little paranoid. I can't give examples - it's more of a vibe I'm getting (maybe more paranoia). Maybe the tone of the posts on here, I don't know. Just the way "British" now seems to be synonymous with "Brexit" when most people I've come into contact with since the refererendum have been against it -it's almost like there's two countries, the one I know and the one I read about in the media, and unfortunately that's
                            My brother moved to England about 25 years ago . Him and his Italian wife voted for Brexit . I asked him why , His answer, There are two many foreigners coming to the UK and not integrating .I would like to believe he said that tongue in cheek but knowing him , I dont think so . Brexiteers come in all shapes and sizes .

Comment

If I'm honest I'm very confused and divided over my sense of "Britishness" and "British identity". I have no time for "Special Relationships", "Making Britain Great again", jingoism and empires and the last night at the Proms makes me heave. And you know my feelings on the monarchy so I won't go into that. I also hate bigotry and narrow-mindedness and I'm aware there's an awful lot of that around in Britain as a whole. But I'm a bit like a black/Irish/Jewish comedian who's allowed to make black/Irish/Jewish jokes - I can criticise Britain but God help anyone else who does! In short, I'm a bloody hypocrite!
                              A here comon....will ye give over that stuff.....It's called DNA and most Brits have it....but like we forgive the Yanks for being a bit dim at times.......the Brits can be forgiven that one sin.....because it so funny.

Take the way the Brits will hold you off being familiar until they've known ye for 5 years or more....then you might get on first name terms.

Classic example;
                              The American visitor at the cocktail party....listens to the Brit talking about everything except being open about their life....talk talk talk all about the weather....how bad it is....how the place comes to a standstill in snow....how there's not enough snow ploughs.....how tf the trains don't run on leaves blown by the wild winds we get....all bollox bullshite...to stop the Yank asking personal questions.

The Yank finally agrees.....say yes....it is pretty awful....everytime I've been here it rained. (wrong thing to say).

Brit: WELL AT LEAST WE DONT GET HURRICANES

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
                                My brother moved to England about 25 years ago . Him and his Italian wife voted for Brexit . I asked him why , His answer, There are two many foreigners coming to the UK and not integrating .I would like to believe he said that tongue in cheek but knowing him , I dont think so . Brexiteers come in all shapes and sizes .
                                Yes they do, they're not just born and bred Brits.
                                Your brother's comment is the sort that makes my blood boil, and that sort of opinion is more prevalent than you'd think.

Comment

Working...
                                X