Wouldn't history be different.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wouldn't history be different.

King Charles the first threatened to remove all the Scots from Ulster....But it didn't happen.
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Originally posted by quinner View Post
    King Charles the first threatened to remove all the Scots from Ulster....But it didn't happen.
    Most of the protestant settlers around the Lisburn area were from Wales..

Comment

Most of the protestant settlers around the Lisburn area were from Wales..
      At the Battle of the Boyne....King Billy had soldiers from at least seven different Nations in his Army...

Comment

At the Battle of the Boyne....King Billy had soldiers from at least seven different Nations in his Army...
        After the Battle of Sedgemoor at least 800 English soldiers on the losing side were transported to the West Indies as slaves

Comment

After the Battle of Sedgemoor at least 800 English soldiers on the losing side were transported to the West Indies as slaves

During the English Civil War those loyal to the king were called 'Cavaliers' the word comes from the Spanish word Caballeros which meant loyal to the king.

Comment

Good on ya Quinner , any time I went to have a look on ancient royalty history [curiosity] , I just didn't have the temperament for it , with all the names , the 1st , 2nd's , 3rd's and whatever , John's , Henery's ., Charles ..... poxy phone book job ..... lol .

Do be impressed with the ' Chasers ' , they seem to have it off to a t ..... most times anyways ....... names , numbers , dates .

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
              Good on ya Quinner , any time I went to have a look on ancient royalty history [curiosity] , I just didn't have the temperament for it , with all the names , the 1st , 2nd's , 3rd's and whatever , John's , Henery's ., Charles ..... poxy phone book job ..... lol .

Do be impressed with the ' Chasers ' , they seem to have it off to a t ..... most times anyways ....... names , numbers , dates .
              History is a very interesting subject, but concentrating on main events and people gives a warped picture...

There has been a lot of 'Kings of England'' but not a lot of 'English'' kings

Take 'Braveheart'' for instance...A definite Scots hero, but his name was 'William of wales' (William Wallace in todays pronunciation)

Comment

Quinner you are a mine of information, that is really interesting. I have one little snippet I can add. In the matter of the Battle of the Boyne, the pope at the time, I think Innocent, the something supported Willliam or Orange. I wonder if any of the Unionists know that.

Comment

Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                  Quinner you are a mine of information, that is really interesting. I have one little snippet I can add. In the matter of the Battle of the Boyne, the pope at the time, I think Innocent, the something supported Willliam or Orange. I wonder if any of the Unionists know that.
                  I doubt if they would be interested anyway....Yes the Popes have a lot to answer for....

Did you know that the French Foreign Legion fought and lost their first Battle in ...Mexico.

When Napoleon became Emperor one of the first things he did was ....Take away women's rights.

Comment

Was that part of the Napoleonic code Q

Comment

Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                      Was that part of the Napoleonic code Q
                      The Civil code 1804..

Comment

Working...
                      X