Hunger strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curious Girl View Post
    Why do these organizations always seem to attract a certain sort of pervert? Normal people do not want to work at these places.
    Power. Power over kiddies in particular. When I was going to school and the priest came in to examine you on the cathechism I was sure of a beating from the 'holy' father. I was too street-wise for anything further, but I knew one or two who weren't so lucky.

The area in which I live now is losing two church buildings for lack of a congregation.

But what's the loss of a building ot two.... they'll be better off by millions after the sales.
    'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
      Power. Power over kiddies in particular. When I was going to school and the priest came in to examine you on the cathechism I was sure of a beating from the 'holy' father. I was too street-wise for anything further, but I knew one or two who weren't so lucky.

The area in which I live now is losing two church buildings for lack of a congregation.

But what's the loss of a building ot two.... they'll be better off by millions after the sales.
      "I say to ye" divest yerselvs of all yer worldly goods and give alms to the poor! this idea seems to have been forgotten over the ages

Comment

Jesus was a great man, but those who act in his name created laws to suit themselves. The laws of all churches are made by men for their own ends. And I am far from being a man hater

Comment

Originally posted by Red Biddy View Post
          Jesus was a great man, but those who act in his name created laws to suit themselves. The laws of all churches are made by men for their own ends. And I am far from being a man hater
          A bit like "ill ask God and SHE said"

Comment

Originally posted by spudseamus View Post
            A bit like "ill ask God and SHE said"
            Spot on ha ha

But seriously Jesus was a good man and those who committed awful crimes whilst and had taken 'the cloth' under false pretences should be hounded for the rest of their lives

Comment

Is there any news on John?

Comment

Nothing about John

Comment

Sorry Liz .....should have said earlier.....John had to give up....he wasnt well.......I went down to him one of the Sundays....and he was taking all of the shoes down......he is exploring other avenues....
                  It is what it is.

Comment

Thanks for the update Pammy - he is on my mind

Comment

I hope John gets some sort of justice

Comment

I don't know how I missed the above posts ....... the poor man must now feel so low and without hope, ..... MKM's idea of getting something up on you Tube sounded a great idea, what ever became of it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Patch View Post
                          I don't know how I missed the above posts ....... the poor man must now feel so low and without hope, ..... MKM's idea of getting something up on you Tube sounded a great idea, what ever became of it ?
                          He gave up the hunger strike. He can be found on Facebook.
                          'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Thanks for the info Rashers

Comment

Working...
                            X