Varadkar: Government will not design borders for Brexiteers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Varadkar: Government will not design borders for Brexiteers

The Taoiseach has put it up to Britain by stating that the Government is “not going to design a border for the Brexiteers”.

More...

Originally posted by admin View Post
    The Taoiseach has put it up to Britain by stating that the Government is “not going to design a border for the Brexiteers”.

More...
    LOL.....So being in the EU gives him the Right to tell the UK what to do.......He thinks.......?
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
      LOL.....So being in the EU gives him the Right to tell the UK what to do.......He thinks.......?
      He has every right as Irish PM.

It was a British decision to change the nature of our border with the UK - not an Irish (or Northern Irish) call - it's up to your government to stop the waffling and clarify exactly what they mean by a 'seamless border' - and how they mean to implement it.
      Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post

It was a British decision to change the nature of our border with the UK - not an Irish (or Northern Irish) call - it's up to your government to stop the waffling and clarify exactly what they mean by a 'seamless border' - and how they mean to implement it.
        Too right. Even the UK allies in Europe are fed up with them. Everyone says time is ticking and the UK was ill prepared yet the government politicians go on hols.

Comment

For Quinner

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post

It is up to the UK Parliament to decide what it does with its borders........

Not a lot of people seem to know that.......

What the Irish government does with its own borders has no interest to me whatsoever.......

I will still remain a citizen of the Republic of Ireland.....just as you are.....

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
              For Quinner

Thanks anyway bo.....but as I have stated many times, I do not look at videos posted on here.....

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
                Too right. Even the UK allies in Europe are fed up with them. Everyone says time is ticking and the UK was ill prepared yet the government politicians go on hols.
                I do hope the have a nice holiday.......

I also hope that those who are ''fed-up''....grow up and get a life.....

Comment

When the I.R.A.wanted to get rid of the border you were all given out

Comment

It is up to the UK Parliament to decide what it does with its borders........

Not a lot of people seem to know that.......

What the Irish government does with its own borders has no interest to me whatsoever.......

I will still remain a citizen of the Republic of Ireland.....just as you are.....
                    I have to admit Joe , that you are a credit to your adopted country , you defend them through thick and thin , no matter what the subject . Ireland's loss is England's gain ,

Comment

I have to admit Joe , that you are a credit to your adopted country , you defend them through thick and thin , no matter what the subject . Ireland's loss is England's gain ,
                      I don't think Joe is any different from the expats in Australia,Canada or any other places.
                      Many others have defended their place of domicile on here over the few years I have been on the forum.
                      I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                      Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Originally posted by jembo View Post
                        I don't think Joe is any different from the expats in Australia,Canada or any other places.
                        Many others have defended their place of domicile on here over the few years I have been on the forum.
                        Those "other places "where Irish people have emigrated to usually dont have a conflict of interest with Ireland's .
                        Last edited by bojangles; 29-07-2017, 08:24 PM.

Comment

bo....I defend the Country of my own family, I sincerely hope you would not want or expect me to do otherwise......

Sadly Ireland did not do the same for the family I was born into...

Regarding loss or gain...You nor I can foretell the future, But I do know that The UK's contribution to the EU over the past years has being the UK's loss and Irelands gain.....The figures are readily available to those that wish to peruse them....I don't feel there is a need for you to personally thank my family for our contributions to that Pot of Gold

Comment

Those "other places "where Irish people have emigrated to usually dont have a conflict of interest with Ireland's .
                            I have no memories of the ''Conflict'' between the Republic and the UK.......I do have memories of ''the conflict'' between my family and the State backed Catholic church.....

Comment

I have no memories of the ''Conflict'' between the Republic and the UK.......I do have memories of ''the conflict'' between my family and the State backed Catholic church.....
                              I'm referring to the present conflict , re the 500 km border with the North . For the last 20 years we have enjoyed an invisible frontier . Its something we have never had since partition and it suits both communities . You dont even notice that you are in Northern Ireland until you see the signposts in miles . Its difficult for people not living on this island to appreciate how much we value that freedom . Brexit is a threat to that .

Comment

Working...
                              X