Pigeon Feeding...yes or no.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jembo View Post
    I have never seen sheep or cows perch and crap on buildings.

When I was growing up in Dublin there were abattoirs all over the city, and we could watch the killing and the butchering going on anytime we wanted to. Any old Dub will tell you that.

No disrespect meant PoR, but I probably was looking at Abattoirs before you were born.
    No disrespect to you either, Jembo, but if you were witness to abattoirs before I was born you must be very old. I guess some people became desensitised to the suffering and butchery because it was ever-present. I very much respect people who take a stance against cruelty to animals. I've never met such a person who wasn't equally moralistic and respectful in other aspects of their lives. This is not meant as a personal attack on you, Jembo, or any other forum members who take a different perspective. Take care.

PS: In the 30 seconds it probably took you to read my post, 72,000 animals have been slaughtered worldwide.
    Last edited by PoR; 04-12-2020, 01:50 AM. Reason: add a statistic

Comment

Originally posted by PoR View Post
      No disrespect to you either, Jembo, but if you were witness to abattoirs before I was born you must be very old. I guess some people became desensitised to the suffering and butchery because it was ever-present. I very much respect people who take a stance against cruelty to animals. I've never met such a person who wasn't equally moralistic and respectful in other aspects of their lives. This is not meant as a personal attack on you, Jembo, or any other forum members who take a different perspective. Take care.

PS: In the 30 seconds it probably took you to read my post, 72,000 animals have been slaughtered worldwide.
      😂 LOL, PoP. No offence taken. I’m probably not as old as you think. We all get there in the end and I hope your journey through life will be as rich as mine is.

There is a poster on here who used to work at the Star Cinema when I was only knee high to a grass hopper, now that’s fecking old!
      I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
      Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

I have the same opinion as you do on killing of animals PoR. I am a member of lots of animal rights organisations and |I sign petitions often to have laws changed to protected animals. If you would like to pm me with your email address I can let you have the petitions that come to me. Only this morning one came about killing turkeys.

We don't need meet, it is just habit and if you see a video of the slaughter and cruelty and the screams of the animals you see the other side of the meat industry.

Comment

Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
          I have the same opinion as you do on killing of animals PoR. I am a member of lots of animal rights organisations and |I sign petitions often to have laws changed to protected animals. If you would like to pm me with your email address I can let you have the petitions that come to me. Only this morning one came about killing turkeys.

We don't need meet, it is just habit and if you see a video of the slaughter and cruelty and the screams of the animals you see the other side of the meat industry.
          I am also an animal loving person and regularly contribute to animal conservation projects around the world. From about 1970 I have contributed to various appeals to prevent the extinction of various species including those in the Galápagos Islands, I have visited the islands on many occasions to view the work of the conservationists and the impact of tourism on that environment. I will continue to campaign to prevent extinction of endangered species.

The only problem I see is people who prejudge and doesn’t mean you.
          Last edited by jembo; 04-12-2020, 09:15 PM.

Comment

I am also an animal loving person and regularly contribute to animal conservation projects around the world. From about 1970 I have contributed to various appeals to prevent the extinction of various species including those in the Galápagos Islands, I have visited the islands on many occasions to view the work of the conservationists and the impact of tourism on that environment. I will continue to campaign to prevent extinction of endangered species.

The only problem I see is people who prejudge and doesn’t mean you.
            That ok is Jembo I understand what you said and I am very impressed the work you do. I do my best too. It is hard work because you are fighting against the tide.

Re pre judging, I don't think we will ever get away from that. Lots of people like to plant the posterior in the judgment seat, whether or not they actually know anything about the subject seems to be secondary to them.

I am vegetarian for over forty years now, and back in the days when it was not common to be one, if i went to a do you would not believe the number of people who wanted to know why I was vegetarian, and then that would be followed by "do you not think". I used to pass it off, but then I got fed up because I don't ask people why they eat meat, it is a personal decision.

One night my husband and myself went to a dinner, and it all started again. The person concerned on this occasion was rather an arrogant soul. So I responded by asking him why he believed he had the right to ask the question as it was none of his business. He had no valid answer so he said "I am just wondering". I pointed out politely that wondering takes place in your head, once you ask the question, and you have no right to, you are then prying. Then I asked if he would be willing to kill the animal he eats, he admitted he would not. So I suggested that if that was the case he was allowing somebody else to do his dirty work for him and maybe should consider that rather than my diet. He went silent.

Comment

That ok is Jembo I understand what you said and I am very impressed the work you do. I do my best too. It is hard work because you are fighting against the tide.

Re pre judging, I don't think we will ever get away from that. Lots of people like to plant the posterior in the judgment seat, whether or not they actually know anything about the subject seems to be secondary to them.

I am vegetarian for over forty years now, and back in the days when it was not common to be one, if i went to a do you would not believe the number of people who wanted to know why I was vegetarian, and then that would be followed by "do you not think". I used to pass it off, but then I got fed up because I don't ask people why they eat meat, it is a personal decision.

One night my husband and myself went to a dinner, and it all started again. The person concerned on this occasion was rather an arrogant soul. So I responded by asking him why he believed he had the right to ask the question as it was none of his business. He had no valid answer so he said "I am just wondering". I pointed out politely that wondering takes place in your head, once you ask the question, and you have no right to, you are then prying. Then I asked if he would be willing to kill the animal he eats, he admitted he would not. So I suggested that if that was the case he was allowing somebody else to do his dirty work for him and maybe should consider that rather than my diet. He went silent.
              I understand perfectly what you say. I regularly go on ocean cruises and dine with a mixture of people from all different walks of life. With the exception of my old cruise friends, none of the others know me or anything I do, but some are quick to judge by their own interpretation

I was in The Gambia a while ago when we found ourselves caught up in a local drug cartel gun fight. One guy, a very elderly and rich individual, with no thought for anyone else confronted a guy with a AK47. You know what? the guy with with the gun backed down and walked away. My respect for that Gentleman will last for the rest of my life. Not those who prejudge.
              Last edited by jembo; 05-12-2020, 08:33 AM.

Comment

I understand perfectly what you say. I regularly go on ocean cruises and dine with a mixture of people from all different walks of life. With the exception of my old cruise friends, none of the others know me or anything I do, but some are quick to judge by their own interpretation

I was in The Gambia a while ago when we found ourselves caught up in a local drug cartel gun fight. One guy, a very elderly and rich individual, with no thought for anyone else confronted a guy with a AK47. You know what? the guy with with the gun backed down and walked away. My respect for that Gentleman will last for the rest of my life. Not those who prejudge.
                Absolutely Jembo, but here again it is the difference between those who talk and those who get off the bums and do. Fair play to that man

Comment

Feed the pigeons

Absolutely Jembo, but here again it is the difference between those who talk and those who get off the bums and do. Fair play to that man
                  Hello Vico2: Here is a perfect example of someone who does exactly as you advise. Kindness and consideration defines us.
                  All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be.

A documentary about the notorious Pigeon Man that hangs out in Stephens Green in Dublin, Ireland. While my time abroad I decided to get to know him and lear...

Comment

Hello Vico2: Here is a perfect example of someone who does exactly as you advise. Kindness and consideration defines us.
                    All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfBO_i5tyjE
                    Absolutely POR that was lovely.

Comment

Working...
                    X