New Learning Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
    that reminds me of when we lived in ballinteer..we had this door to door sales person going around, and he was selling sheepskin rugs which were high fashion at the time...and i bought one and immediately put it on the floor in the bedroom......

a couple of days later, id left the front door open and windows to blow fresh air thro the house...and i was rooted to the ground in shock watching this huge dog racing down my stairway dragging the rug behind him..off down the street he galloped with it....no easy struggle either.....i was devastated lol.....but the consensus was the skin hadnt been preserved right....

never saw either the dog or the rug again..!
    rofl the sales person had that dog trained very well
    homing rugs instead of pigeons

Comment

Language Learning

If anybody is interested, Duolingo is eight years old this week and they are now offering another language - Finnish

Comment

Met a guy last week that I hadn't see in years, used to see him at Dublin matches & road races that I ran in years ago.....he told me he was 68 and had just written a book based on things in his childhood ........then most surprisingly he told me that he could never read or write until he went to classes 8 years ago when he was 60. ....now he is reading everything he can lay his hands on .....told me it was a living hell trying to live with and hid being illiterate ......next time we met he will tell me in more detail........
        The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Originally posted by dinny View Post
          Met a guy last week that I hadn't see in years, used to see him at Dublin matches & road races that I ran in years ago.....he told me he was 68 and had just written a book based on things in his childhood ........then most surprisingly he told me that he could never read or write until he went to classes 8 years ago when he was 60. ....now he is reading everything he can lay his hands on .....told me it was a living hell trying to live with and hid being illiterate ......next time we met he will tell me in more detail........
          Good on him , a whole new world opened up .

Comment

Originally posted by dinny View Post
            Fair play to him that cannot have been easy. It is nice to see a success story like his

Comment

There are a lot of people like that,some say I forgot my glasses, life was hard back then and children did not always get the chance to learn, some had to stay home to help and just slipped through the cracks, a lot left school very young. Wonderful that he discovered it in later life.

Comment

My brother in law was diagnosed with cancer and when he went into the hospice he learned Art and did some lovely pieces before he died what a pity he did not discover his talent until it was to late

Comment

Working...
                X