Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kelvin MacKenzie And The Sun Still Not Forgiven After Hillsborough Inquest Verdict

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelvin MacKenzie And The Sun Still Not Forgiven After Hillsborough Inquest Verdict

Sun journalists were also barred from a press conference.

Former Liverpool players and fans of the team have reignited calls for a boycott the Sun newspaper after the Hillsborough disaster inquest jury ruled that all 96 fans were unlawfully killed.

Four days after the Hillsborough disaster, The Sun ran a front page with the headline ‘THE TRUTH’ citing fans’ hooliganism as a contributing factor in the 96 deaths.

The paper claimed Liverpool fans stole from victims, urinated on police officers and blocked rescue efforts.

An inquest jury ruled today, 27 years after the disaster, that every death was unlawful and exonerated all the fans present.

Despite the passing of nearly three decades, the ruling has laid bare how little the animosity of Liverpool fans towards the Sun has faded.

MORE..................
    'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Same rag over here ,Toronto sun.
    Made up of losers from a defunct paper ,the telegram that copied the English one except the girls ,which sold it,were clothed .
    They had story when they first started about communists causing riot in the east end of Toronto and battling police????
    Just happened that the late father-in-law ,brother-in-law ,myself and my little girl just walking by witnessed the whole thing which was started by facists called the western guard celebrating mussolinis birthday and one of them hit a guy over the head with a baseball bat who was just walking with a placard in protest.
    The cops attacked the communists and did nothing to the facists.
    My brother -in-law ,a big guy ,grabbed a cops arm to stop him hitting a little guy with a baton and local people came out of their houses too and the cops backed off.
    There were no Canadian born people on either side ,all foreign born as most Canadians couldn't care less.
    Next day when I saw the headline I called up the sun and asked them where they got their story and the writer told me that he got it from the police?
    It's still the same rag today and I wouldn't let it in the door even when it was offered for free.

Comment

Working...
    X