Commonwealth games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commonwealth games

Australia is doing very well at the games and Birmingham has done a great job, Australia is not popular with the english as there is a big history of competition between them. Victoria will have them in 2026 and they will be held in regional cities which will highlight the different areas of Victoria. Hopefully I'll be around to watch some of the events. Does it rate in ireland ?
    today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

It means nothing here.....don't know anyone who is interested in it....
    The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Originally posted by silver spoon View Post
      Australia is doing very well at the games and Birmingham has done a great job, Australia is not popular with the english as there is a big history of competition between them. Victoria will have them in 2026 and they will be held in regional cities which will highlight the different areas of Victoria. Hopefully I'll be around to watch some of the events. Does it rate in ireland ?
      Didn't watch a bar of it , when out didn't hear a mention of them either .

Comment

Doesn't even get a mention on the Sports News in Ireland

Comment

been away but watched some Saturday evening

Comment

I suppose you would watch it if Ireland was in it the swimming is world class and there are many world champions in athletics. Of course it is not any comparison to the Olympics

Comment

I suppose you would watch it if Ireland was in it the swimming is world class and there are many world champions in athletics. Of course it is not any comparison to the Olympics
              I love watching track events, swimming, diving, gymnastics and winter sports so will watch even if Ireland are not competing

Comment

Find that to many stats being displayed on sports , bores the bill-ony off me , what they do on the day is relevant not what happened yesterday / last week / last year ..... or in some cases decades ago .

Comment

It's a bit hit and miss, some events have world class fields like Netball, cricket, 7s but in other sports the medallists wouldn't even make a B final.

About the only interest is the boxing with so many of the Irish team winning gold for NI but it's an open draw and some of the best boxing nations are outside the Commonwealth.

Comment

That is great re the boxing I wish I had seen those bouts. How many Irish won those gold medals it would have been brilliant if our boxers down south were boxing too

Comment

That is great re the boxing I wish I had seen those bouts. How many Irish won those gold medals it would have been brilliant if our boxers down south were boxing too
                      5 Gold Medals and one Silver.......Northern Ireland won 18 medals in total

Comment

That is amazing dinny

Comment

I havent looked at any of it, i dont know what the viewing figures were like in the UK for this one but in the past they werent great

Comment

I think there would be more at the Tallaght games LOL

Comment

The English loved the games and especially Birmingham people got a huge congratulations here for the way they held the games and how friendly they were and all the events were very well attended . English people always support their own and especially at home. I am sure some of you watched the boxing as Ireland won 5 gold and a silver I am sure that must have rated unless they were N Ireland as I said if the republic was in it I am sure it would have rated

Comment

Working...
                              X