No announcement yet.

E Fibre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have been happy enough with eircom efibre so far but last few days it seemed slower so did some speed tests. The speed was down to 23 - 26 so I phoned them today. Answered the standard questions, have you tested with the cable plugged in, have you stopped all downloads, etc etc, was told that there was a server problem, when I asked if they had informed customers was told that not all customers were effected!!
    I got really fed up and told them so, the modem was reset and I tested again, it was suggested that maybe my laptop had decided itself to use wifi instead of the cable, so I ran the test without the cable, down to 16, seriously fed up now as that what was happening before I went to efibre, paid for 24m and used to get 6-8. Eventually the problem was logged and surprise surprise within 2 hours the speed was 49.

Comment

Out of curiosity Bigby....

1. Has fibre been run along your street ?

and

2. Have they replaced the connection to your house ?? Is there fibre installed in your house ??
      Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
        Have been happy enough with eircom efibre so far but last few days it seemed slower so did some speed tests. The speed was down to 23 - 26 so I phoned them today. Answered the standard questions, have you tested with the cable plugged in, have you stopped all downloads, etc etc, was told that there was a server problem, when I asked if they had informed customers was told that not all customers were effected!!
        I got really fed up and told them so, the modem was reset and I tested again, it was suggested that maybe my laptop had decided itself to use wifi instead of the cable, so I ran the test without the cable, down to 16, seriously fed up now as that what was happening before I went to efibre, paid for 24m and used to get 6-8. Eventually the problem was logged and surprise surprise within 2 hours the speed was 49.
        Had a problem during the week not having access to the internet with UPC. Got on to them via Facebook as phone is a joke. I have an appointment from 9 till 1 on Monday for an engineer to come and see what the problem is. Should be interesting as I have had no problems since Tuesday. They are trying to blame a fault with the signal to the modem. I am convinced it's the traffic using the same line. We shall see it wont be their fault I know that much.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
          Out of curiosity Bigby....

1. Has fibre been run along your street ?

and

2. Have they replaced the connection to your house ?? Is there fibre installed in your house ??
          sorry missed this, think efibre was run to the local box about 10 houses down the road, then using the old phone line, that is why I could not go for up to 70 or 100mb, I have a new connection in the house but got it before the efibre, every time I complained they said plug the modem into the phone line, which was impossible as there was no box, this house still had the original old box that had a wire out of it into the old style telephones

Comment

I am very happy with eircom efibre, have lost it about 4 times, twice this week when the weather was very bad, but it came back on within minutes.
            With wifi I can get between 20 and 30 mb download depending on who else is using things, on my older laptop, on a newer laptop can get up to about 65 to 70 mb

as the modem is in the same room I can also plug the laptop straight in to it

Comment

so now I would like to ask has anyone used eircom for tv channels?
              think it is called evision

Comment

so now I would like to ask has anyone used eircom for tv channels?
                think it is called evision
                same question
                anybody?

Comment

anyone using Eir, anyone having problems with internet this evening

Comment

anyone using Eir, anyone having problems with internet this evening
                    Nope on both .

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
                      Nope on both .
                      thanks

Comment

ok seems to be better now but have lost facebook

Comment

ok seems to be better now but have lost facebook
                          I have no Facebook....
                          Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

it is back now, went down for a lot of places

Comment

Eir increasing price again, anyone still with Eir, I am now getting 101Mbps download and 20 Mbps upload
                              getting costly so wondering if I should change. hate having to research providers

Comment

Eir increasing price again, anyone still with Eir, I am now getting 101Mbps download and 20 Mbps upload
                                getting costly so wondering if I should change. hate having to research providers
                                Easy here take yer pick------- https://switcher.ie/broadband/guides...and-providers/
                                We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Working...
                                X