Charging Devices to Fly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charging Devices to Fly

I've just found out that if you're flying with a phone or laptop etc., it needs to be charged for security reasons. But why is this? Am I being really thick here?

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
    I've just found out that if you're flying with a phone or laptop etc., it needs to be charged for security reasons. But why is this? Am I being really thick here?
    Never heard that before....I have flown many times and my phone would not be fully charged....I dont have a laptop....
    It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Pammy View Post
      Never heard that before....I have flown many times and my phone would not be fully charged....I dont have a laptop....
      I don't think it has to be fully charged, just charged enough to be able to turn it on. I don't know when this rule came in, I think it might be quite recent.

Comment

because they can be checked at security, they can not be checked if they do not switch on
        I had 2 phones, a tablet and a kindle with me and was not checked, but they were all charged and ready to be switched on if needed

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
          because they can be checked at security, they can not be checked if they do not switch on
          I had 2 phones, a tablet and a kindle with me and was not checked, but they were all charged and ready to be switched on if needed
          Ah, thanks Bigby, I thought that must be the reason but wondered if I was missing something! (like maybe uncharged devices had some kind of explosive powers or something!)

Comment

I don't think it has to be fully charged, just charged enough to be able to turn it on. I don't know when this rule came in, I think it might be quite recent.
            Yes I have just googled this and it started out just going to the States I think...but now its worlwide....yes the phone has to be charged enough so it can be switched on.....its for security reasons .... but not sure why.....Im flying in about three weeks....and I will be bringing my phone and tablet....so better make sure they are all charged up..
            It is what it is.

Comment

I flew via Paris and was checked for drugs on the way out in Dublin and on the way back in Paris, had to use 3 trays to take everything out of my carry on bag,
              Paris was very heavy on security

Comment

I flew via Paris and was checked for drugs on the way out in Dublin and on the way back in Paris, had to use 3 trays to take everything out of my carry on bag,
                Paris was very heavy on security
                Did they find any?

Comment

Did they find any?
                  nope, I am a very good mule

Comment

nope, I am a very good mule
                    ha ha

Comment

Saw the thread title and thought you'd picked up one of these...

flying machine.jpg
                      Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Working...
                      X