Melting phone charger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melting phone charger

Was watching videos on my phone in bed, charger was plugged in, it suddenly got really hot so I unplugged it. A bit later I noticed a burning smell and found the end of the USB cable had melted (it was still plugged in). Scary!!
    Has anyone else had this happen? I will never leave my phone charging overnight after this......

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
    Was watching videos on my phone in bed, charger was plugged in, it suddenly got really hot so I unplugged it. A bit later I noticed a burning smell and found the end of the USB cable had melted (it was still plugged in). Scary!!
    Has anyone else had this happen? I will never leave my phone charging overnight after this......
    Have noticed that my charger heats up alright , now , have heard it said you must only use the ' same make ' as your phone , but anyways , would never .... ever leave it charge overnight .

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
      Have noticed that my charger heats up alright , now , have heard it said you must only use the ' same make ' as your phone , but anyways , would never .... ever leave it charge overnight .
      It was the same make - Samsung. This happened while I was using the phone, I dread to think what would gave happened if I'd left it in overnight as I usually do. I suppose it could just be a faulty charger. I've bought the same one before and had no issues. Only got this one a month or so ago from Amazon.

Comment

That was a scary experience Katie, the charger might be faulty

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
          It was the same make - Samsung. This happened while I was using the phone, I dread to think what would gave happened if I'd left it in overnight as I usually do. I suppose it could just be a faulty charger. I've bought the same one before and had no issues. Only got this one a month or so ago from Amazon.
          Never charge your phone overnight.....very dangerous .....or don't go out and leave it charging.....Ideally charge it in the same room you are in.....
          The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
            That was a scary experience Katie, the charger might be faulty
            I think if was. I will try to get a refund.
            Since it happened my phone won't charge properly - it charges for a bit then stops. I think the USB port has been damaged. Anyway I'm getting a replacement sent on Tuesday, so I will struggle on till then, but don't be surprised if I go off -air!

Comment

Ive never had an issue with them but we have all heard the the horror stories like people leaving them under their pillows overnight. The only things i can say to you is dont use a 2 pin charger, only use same brand as phone. Apart from badly made chargers there shouldnt be an issue as the good ones are designed to take the current & voltage and both mains voltage and low voltage sides are protected from each other to prevent electrocution. One other point even good quality chargers have a lifespan.

Comment

Thanks Kellier. It was an own brand one so I think it was just faulty. I'm getting a refund for it.

Comment

Working...
                X