Site Revamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Revamp

Never mentioned these days, is it going ahead Boxman?

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
    Never mentioned these days, is it going ahead Boxman?
    You'll never get a response that way Napper.... start a big flaming row at the beginning... I'll go first.

WHAT'S IT TO YOU YE DIRTY BIG TURNIP HEAD FINGALIAN MUCK SAVAGE !!
    Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
      You'll never get a response that way Napper.... start a big flaming row at the beginning... I'll go first.

At least he still lives in Dublin , unlike some ..........

Comment

Sorry, OK here goes, Muslims and the food they eat, foreign nationals stealing our money, Michael Collins hero worship homosexual fantasies, New World Order the followup to the band New Order and Europe. Is that good enough?

Seriously will the revamp go ahead? Its not very tablet friendly using the present search function. Fingal could do with its own section, much smaller sections of Dublin have their own section. The front page is old hat IMO, needs sprucing up. Other posters might want to contribute ideas on what the revamp should look like and how the site can be improved for users and attract new members.

P.S that's two gags about my head and veg, can't you find better material. You must have gone all native in deepest Meath with your indecent veg collection.

Comment

I agree with a section for Fingal, and a 'Thanks' button under posts would be nice. Boxy is doing the latter when time permits and if the software allows.
          'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

The site's grand, just fine and dandy as it is, like the old friend it has been for the past five years....like a well lived in sofa.......If a revamped site attracts any further posting like the crap we saw all day today.....then we can kiss our asses goodbye.
            We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
              . The front page is old hat IMO...
              Pure genius... I did say start a row.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                The site's grand, just fine and dandy as it is, like the old friend it has been for the past five years....like a well lived in sofa.......If a revamped site attracts any further posting like the crap we saw all day today.....then we can kiss our asses goodbye.
                Logging onto a well lived in sofa lacks market appeal. The site does need a major touch over... there'll always be crap posts - but we should be able to read them in more sprightly surroundings.

Comment

Logging onto a well lived in sofa lacks market appeal. The site does need a major touch over... there'll always be crap posts - but we should be able to read them in more sprightly surroundings.
                  Nahhh we don't like new fandangle sprightly ..... leave the bling to the chavs.....they wouldn't even know what a good sofa looked like.

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
                    I agree with a section for Fingal, and a 'Thanks' button under posts would be nice. Boxy is doing the latter when time permits and if the software allows.
                    Thanks button can be good but you can create a thanks hoar problem if you don't police them right. Suddenly every second post is "that government is a crowd of bar stewards" in order to garner thanks and perceived popularity. Look at the twaddle seemingly sensible people say on Facebook to get people to tick the like button.

Can we drop the incognito(not the mod.......yet) option on profiles? If your logged in you should be visible on the main screen not lurking in the shadows. Your granny wouldn't let you hide in the corner would she? Only good manners to other valued members IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
                      I agree with a section for Fingal, and a 'Thanks' button under posts would be nice...
                      Maybe a 'f*ck you' button for posts by annoying cretins... that would be nice too.

Comment

Maybe a 'f*ck you' button for posts by annoying cretins... that would be nice too.
                        SQ's got wanna dem already...axe JBo

Comment

I agree, i remember a few years back boxy was experimenting with a newer version of software but it never really took off.

I still think areas of Dublin could fall under their council areas. if I remember correctly one poster wanted a sub forum for Clondalkin a few months ago.

An upgrade of this forum & a Thanks button would be the way to go. IMO
                          UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

A like or dislike button as in FB - just a suggestion like

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                            SQ's got wanna dem already...axe JBo
                            LOL!!
                            UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Ur gas Cogs.
                              UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X