God, The Universe, and so on........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cogito View Post
    That's good to know... what have your kids got to do with this thread ?
    Well, if you believe that my Kids opinions are irrelevant..........

Do the ''i'm God act'''........and remove the post....
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

• I believe that an untold amount of pain was inflicted on the ''Children'' of Ireland because those same children were not allowed an opinion....

And sadly.....not only did the Church deprive them of that opinion, their parents ''sheepishly'' agreed with the Church's declared Wisdom....

Comment

• Originally posted by quinner View Post
        Well, if you believe that my Kids opinions are irrelevant..........

Do the ''i'm God act'''........and remove the post....
        You're capable of removing your own posts - and I've no 'belief' good, bad or indifferent on your 'kid's opinions' - nor do I wish to have.
        Everything is self-evident.

Comment

• too deep

hello forum i know religion and politics are two subjects which raise debate within communities all walks of life,,they have indeed caused more war and destruction throughout history,,but on the religion topic the world is truly suffering,,in the book of revelations its said that god would give power to satan to test our faith,if im correct i believe we all carry our own sufferings,but i would like to think im a good person and you can only do your best and enjoy life,,but ive questioned near death experience s where there are accounts of seeing the man himself,,so i choose to believe,,even if its too deep to go into,,

Comment

• Originally posted by cogito View Post
            You're capable of removing your own posts - and I've no 'belief' good, bad or indifferent on your 'kid's opinions' - nor do I wish to have.
            I will let them know as soon as I can....

They will, I believe be so disappointed that they may even say....OMG!, What shall we do now.......

But, my powers in Calming forty odd year old kids will come in handy......

Comment

• Most of my life I spent working in panel beating garages and I worked for al sorts of characters and because a lot of the work was insurance claims they were all fiddling the cost of the work.In other words they were all gangsters and they all knew it and were proud of it.But the last guy I worked for was a religious freak he was so nice you would crash your car on purpose just to meet him.You would come into the garage feeling down because you had just crashed your new car and he would put his arms around you and say was there anybody injured,and you would say no.Then he would say thank god sure at the end of the day it is only a piece of metal just give me your insurance details and I will look after it.you would leave the garage on a high because you had. Just met the nicest person on earth thinking that you were very lucky you had crashed your car that day.when you came to collect your car it would be gleaming and he most likely would have a new set of hubcaps or wiper blades fitted free of charge.I might add that they would have cost him 15 euro.After more talk about religion he might give you one of those lanamated prayers. You Would then ask who will the insurance company pay,him or you.He would say sometimes they pay the customer and other times they pay the owner,sure I know if they pay you it won't be a problem you will drop it into me.He would then say I want you to Sign a satisfactory note for the insurance to say you are happy with the work on your car.Of course you were satisfied weren't you after getting free hubcaps and wipers and don't forget the prayer.I never got time to print the satisfaction note he would say and ask you to sign a blank piece of paper and that he would print it later,no problem says you and off you go as happy as Larry.He would print on the blank page.Work has been carried out to my complete satisfaction and send the money to the garage.It never failed I saw Doctors Accountants Solicitors sign the blank page.You would never see what was claimed for he would claim for new parts that would have been repaired.what I am saying is that man lived in the church so is it all right to rob people once you go to mass after it. I said to him one day that when I was a catholic it was a sin to tell a lie and had they changed the rules since I left ,it is still the same he said so I said you are after telling that customer a load of lies,they are industrial lies he said and there is nothing wrong with industrial lies.His God must be an awful gobshite

Comment

• Originally posted by rasher View Post
                Most of my life I spent working in panel beating garages and I worked for al sorts of characters and because a lot of the work was insurance claims they were all fiddling the cost of the work.In other words they were all gangsters and they all knew it and were proud of it.But the last guy I worked for was a religious freak he was so nice you would crash your car on purpose just to meet him.You would come into the garage feeling down because you had just crashed your new car and he would put his arms around you and say was there anybody injured,and you would say no.Then he would say thank god sure at the end of the day it is only a piece of metal just give me your insurance details and I will look after it.you would leave the garage on a high because you had. Just met the nicest person on earth thinking that you were very lucky you had crashed your car that day.when you came to collect your car it would be gleaming and he most likely would have a new set of hubcaps or wiper blades fitted free of charge.I might add that they would have cost him 15 euro.After more talk about religion he might give you one of those lanamated prayers. You Would then ask who will the insurance company pay,him or you.He would say sometimes they pay the customer and other times they pay the owner,sure I know if they pay you it won't be a problem you will drop it into me.He would then say I want you to Sign a satisfactory note for the insurance to say you are happy with the work on your car.Of course you were satisfied weren't you after getting free hubcaps and wipers and don't forget the prayer.I never got time to print the satisfaction note he would say and ask you to sign a blank piece of paper and that he would print it later,no problem says you and off you go as happy as Larry.He would print on the blank page.Work has been carried out to my complete satisfaction and send the money to the garage.It never failed I saw Doctors Accountants Solicitors sign the blank page.You would never see what was claimed for he would claim for new parts that would have been repaired.what I am saying is that man lived in the church so is it all right to rob people once you go to mass after it. I said to him one day that when I was a catholic it was a sin to tell a lie and had they changed the rules since I left ,it is still the same he said so I said you are after telling that customer a load of lies,they are industrial lies he said and there is nothing wrong with industrial lies.His God must be an awful gobshite
                Maybe he ought to ''mend his ways''.......

Comment

Maybe he ought to ''mend his ways''.......
                  He was to far bent

Comment

• Sure how many of us have broken the 4th .?..........quinner don't come back with YOUR'E PLEADING THE 5TH..haha
                    Last edited by Twobob; 09-02-2015, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twobob View Post
                      Sure how many of us have broken the 4th .?...
                      Well, tell him to pull his fender out.....and get on with it.....

The 4th.....?

Comment

• Originally posted by Twobob View Post
                        Sure how many of us have broken the 4th .?..........quinner don't come back with YOUR'E PLEADING THE 5TH..haha
                        On what grounds have you made that plea......

Comment

On what grounds have you made that plea......
                          On the holy grounds. Fine girl you are

Comment

• Originally posted by rasher View Post
                            On the holy grounds. Fine girl you are
                            One can always ''live in hope''........

I believe that the best PR exercise in history was some Popes calling themselves....''Innocent''.......

Comment

• and i thought this was a serious thread....

Comment

• Back on track (I think)... I think it would be a sad world if there was no believe in a greater purpose. I believe in God. I don't need proof - I just believe. I believe in evolution too - although much of it is a matter of faith. And yes, I think you can believe in both.
                                Why bad things happen... I don't know. But doing bad things in God's name is the definition of evil in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X